Can Bellefeuille count?

Doublezero

I still fault a lot more problems last year to the personnel. Bad OL, many injuries, terrible running back play.

I think MB will have the offense playing well this year.

The terrible running back play at very least falls on the coaches though.... and there was talk from the OL that the coaches made their jobs harder. It's all well and good to say there was some talent deficiencies, but there were some iffy coaching decisions as well and given the mediocre at best reputation our offensive coordinator has (And that's a well earned reputation) I'd say it's foolish to pin most of the problems on the players. 

Even though prior to the injuries, that team was shooting the lights out on offense??

Coaching is about adjusting. Teams adjusted to the Bombers and the Bombers couldn't make adjustments to those adjustments.

That sounds like a Bellefuille hater spinning as hard as he can, right there....

no that sounds like reasonable logic. Sticking with Grigsby isn't an injury issue for example. 

You're definitively pinning the Grigsby thing on Bellefuille based on what exactly?

I still fault a lot more problems last year to the personnel. Bad OL, many injuries, terrible running back play.

I think MB will have the offense playing well this year.

The terrible running back play at very least falls on the coaches though.... and there was talk from the OL that the coaches made their jobs harder. It's all well and good to say there was some talent deficiencies, but there were some iffy coaching decisions as well and given the mediocre at best reputation our offensive coordinator has (And that's a well earned reputation) I'd say it's foolish to pin most of the problems on the players. 

Even though prior to the injuries, that team was shooting the lights out on offense??

Coaching is about adjusting. Teams adjusted to the Bombers and the Bombers couldn't make adjustments to those adjustments.

That sounds like a Bellefuille hater spinning as hard as he can, right there....

no that sounds like reasonable logic. Sticking with Grigsby isn't an injury issue for example. 

You're definitively pinning the Grigsby thing on Bellefuille based on what exactly?

I give OShea his share of blame for that too, but I am pinning it on them for one simple reason.... they're the coaches, it's their job to make those decisions. 

Lord knows I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying Bellefuille is a good OC. All I'm saying is you're spinning evidence that's circumstantial at best in order to fit your argument. This is not new, but we're both clearly quite bored, so...here we are...all's I know is Bellefuille looked pretty damn competent when he had healthy players last summer. I suspect we'll see similar this summer...and hopefully into the fall...

I think MB lasts the season unless we have a Tim Burke / Peter Horachek scenario where the entire franchise comes apart at the seams.

How many teams have replaced their OC mid-season and actually improved as a result? Plus, O'Shea seems like a patient sort.

There's no way MB leaves Mb. They are all in this year for sure. I've come to see that an OC can be a genius one year...and not so much the next year. Why's that?

Talent? Circumstance? Injuries? Predictable?

All's I know is that the O we saw at the beginning of the year, last year, is closer to th O I want to see this year....and more of it.