Game 42 : Jets @ Kings

With the Jets season now half over it's all uphill from here on.

ydJg1hu.jpg

It was a good night, three for three. My 10 year old son won his in-door soccer game 6-2. My brother's men's volleyball team beat the u of a baby bears whatever their called 3-1 AND the Jets finished the evening with a win :-)

I caught the end of the second and third period. It's amazing how the entertainment of the game changes for the better when the refs let the players play and call actual infractions (like the one they had to call on Ladd with 30 seconds left, had to call it). 

Kane is a beast when he wants to be, yeeesh some of those hits were hellish.

Please don't allow Hutch to handle the puck, ever.

I've never been an Enstrom fan but I'm coming around, he has amazing stick and positional presence in the corners that most times sees him winning battles despite his size

Buff plays aggressive but absolutely does not want to fight. He made no eye contact with the LA player who lost his mind after Buff ragged doll him. I'd back up the Brinks truck to re-sign him

Peluso is a guy I'm getting more and more impressed with. He's starting to show more offensive presence.

I like how we took it to LA in overtime. That's coaching. The commentators mentioned how Sutter always has his players backs. From what I've seen, heard and read, so does Maurice.

Regardless of how this season turns out for our Jets, we seem to be a team that others have to contend with, and as a fan, I think that's a reasonable expectation.

Oh, and a huge congrats to Teemu Selanne, a true Jet.

Actually the posts tjay best sum up the local jets fan forum community is ones that attack anything another fan writes. Either these posts are too chicken little or too aggressive in defends of the team.

Now I could have written a ten page thesis on my point but of you gabe it skme thoigjt you would have sensed 1) sarcasm 2) underlying point.

Sorry for the interruption. Back to our regukar postins. Jets plays amazing last night. What a character win.

We went from having two starting goalies to two back up goalies.

And this post sums up perfectly the schizophrenic mentality of the average Winnipeg sports fan. Either way too high or way too low.

The life of a sports team, you;re only as good as your last win.

Exactly. And they weren't that good last night after the first five minutes.

We went from having two starting goalies to two back up goalies.

And this post sums up perfectly the schizophrenic mentality of the average Winnipeg sports fan. Either way too high or way too low.

Agree..... not to much middle ground with some people.... its either real good or real bad.

Weird way to look at things

And you think that describes me? Hahahahahahahahahahaha hutch was awesome last night. Sizzling save percentage. ;)

Save percentage is irrelevant. Jets won the game. Stop reading In to stats. 2 goals on a 5 on 3 and then 5 on 4 pp.

This post deserves a face palm.

Are you Hutch's dad? I love hutch. But seriously chill out. It's okay to be critical of aspects of a performance without being a hater. This sort of nonsense hampers quality discussion on this site.

Save percentage is irrelevant. Jets won the game. Stop reading In to stats. 2 goals on a 5 on 3 and then 5 on 4 pp.

Are you Hutch's dad? I love hutch. But seriously chill out. It's okay to be critical of aspects of a performance without being a hater. This sort of nonsense hampers quality discussion on this site.

Another thing that hampers a good discussion is when some folks have no middle ground. Not everything is black or white sometimes things are gray.

Your post about having 2 starters and now having 2 back ups kinda shows that there is no middle ground.

Sometimes starters have bad games no? Does that mean they should no longer be a starter?

Another thing that hampers a good discussion is when some folks have no middle ground. Not everything is black or white sometimes things are gray.

Your post about having 2 starters and now having 2 back ups kinda shows that there is no middle ground.

Sometimes starters have bad games no? Does that mean they should no longer be a starter?

I'm really quite shocked that my tongue in cheek post went over people's heads. Hutch has cooled off significantly since earlier this season and every time he plays his stats regress. I have great in confidence in him and want him to win but it's the truth.

On the other hand pavs played great last game and was ripped by people. Stats are a tool not the end all. But in general we are not getting consistent clutch goaltending from either guy. When the team plays the way they can you don't need clutch. You just need good. But this team has proven many times to have a delicate psyche.

That's my point. That's it.

I'm hopeful they breath a sigh of relief from last night and come out strong and stay strong tonight.

I'm really quite shocked that my tongue in cheek post went over people's heads. Hutch has cooled off significantly since earlier this season and every time he plays his stats regress. I have great in confidence in him and want him to win but it's the truth.

On the other hand pavs played great last game and was ripped by people. Stats are a tool not the end all. But in general we are not getting consistent clutch goaltending from either guy. When the team plays the way they can you don't need clutch. You just need good  But this team has proven many times to have a delicate psyche.

That's my point. That's it.

I'm hopeful they breath a sigh of relief from last night and come out strong and stay strong tonight.

Fair enough.

But then again you kinda show what im saying about no middle ground when you say things like...."  But this team has proven many times to have a delicate psyche. "

They also showed they can come back and play strong after a brain fart to win a game against a very good team.   No?

Middle ground

All in all, I find that Jet fans are, on the whole, a very unemotional crowd.

A shrug,

a que sera sera,

whatever will be..will be.

That sort of thing.

One day can pass into another without the slightest hint of being upset or worried. 

You know, like a true fan, strong and free.

Logic above all.

Their motto: What? Me Worry?

**A Tongue-In-Cheek submission.

On the whole this thread dabbled in lunacy, but there is an obviously sarcastic point I've been pondering non-sarcastically for a few days now.

We should trade him...

Obviously not going to happen, but that very thought wandered into my head prior to the Coyotes game - Hutch to Arizona for their first round pick.  Smith has been useless this year and Hutch's value will likely never be higher than it is now.  Arizona is on the fringe of the McDavid race but not outright in the thick of it.  A first round pick is likely beyond Hutchinson's value, but plenty of bad trades happen in sports every year and someone benefits from them.  Why not us?

While I normally think we're better off hanging on to our best players, long term isn't so long term anymore, and Hellebuyck could be making the same push by the end of this season as Hutch made last season, and Comrie is not that far away anymore either.  We might not be able to keep both those guys long term if they continue to progress into the quality starters that they so far appear to be on track to becoming, and keeping Hutchinson, Hellebuyck and Comrie just won't happen.  There's no rush to do anything, but in terms of moving a player while his value is highest?  That time might be right now.  If I were Chevy I'd at least give Maloney a hey how ya doing, in the market for a goalie? kinda call.  You never know what we might get in return.