Wild @ Jets

All waiver players cleared. Surprised no one, including Jets, took Paajarvi

Why? What has Paajarvi ever done? He got a lot of hype in his first season then never lived up to it.

You mean no one waived a bonafide top six player? I'm speaking within the context of him and the waiver wire. Depth. The jets have been lucky. But to expect them to continue to compete with Thorburn as a regular top 9 player isn't reasonable.

I made the point a few weeks ago that it seems when Hutch has what might be perceived as an opportunity to grab the starting job by the throat that he puts forth an average -ish performance.

Yeah really....poor defense and two defections and he is playing average-ish. I guess you expect him to have a shutout every game. Why don't you watch some of the saves he made in the first period alone.

Pardy gave the game away, not Hutch

Maybe so but Hutch was not playing at the level we have been seeing him play at lately

Jets were outshot in the first and totally outplayed in the second... Hutch still had a respectable game.

Icetime is starting to catch up to Pardy - he looked lost.

Either way, Pavs probably gets the next start.

Postma's brain fart was truly the turning point of the game, puck was high sticked, just had to wait for a wild player to touch it or for the ref to blow the whistle, postma plays the puck, negates the high stick, 3 seconds later, the puck was in the back of our net. That was when things started going downhill for the Jets.

Hutch played really well again, tough when you are getting barely any help from your AHL calibre d men. 

Reality is, we got a lucky bounce in Minny to win the game and they got a lucky bounce off our guy here to win the game. 

Postma,Pardy,Clitsome,Harrison are good 6th and 7th d men probably, but they aren't very good when they are forced to play big minutes. and That's what all these guys are doing now.

Buff still makes lots of dumb plays too, pinches at the wrong time, his pinch lead to the tying goal actually, don't get me wrong, he's an exciting player, very good player but he still makes dumb decisions at the worst possible time.

Jets were winning prior to the xmas break because they were playing very good D, these last few games and even going back to the phily game, you can see that their D men have been exposed, not just one or 2 of them, but all of them.

Buff might be a good offensively but the team was winning because they were playing good defensively. They seem to have gotten away from that a bit, not sure if a couple guys are trying to do to much or if the injuries have finally caught up to them but... they just look a little out of sync the last few games. 

Breakout passes not on the tape, lots more icing the puck, not using their speed and chipping it off the boards and chasing it, lots of issues right now.. can't just look at the stats, they don't tell you the whole story, gotta look at the D as a whole, they just haven't been very good and i think it's pretty obvious that once all top 4 d are healthy, buff goes back to forward. 

I made the point a few weeks ago that it seems when Hutch has what might be perceived as an opportunity to grab the starting job by the throat that he puts forth an average -ish performance.

Yeah really....poor defense and two defections and he is playing average-ish. I guess you expect him to have a shutout every game. Why don't you watch some of the saves he made in the first period alone.

Lol over react much? I'm a huge Hutch fan. Deep breaths.

Lol over react much? I'm a huge Hutch fan. Deep breaths.

you'd never know it by your comments...more than once. Seems you can never make up your mind.