Today's practice update

gbill2004

I was able to attend today's practice. Here's a few of my observations:

Sure is nice to see Ian Wild back practicing. I have a new found respect for him after seeing the team really miss him.

Glenn January nowhere to be seen. Jarvis Jones in at left tackle.

Paris Cotton working as first team RB. Sam McGuffie doing punt returns.

Lots of practicing on the red zone offense. Bryant Turner even got involved but I won't divulge too much on that ;)

Troy Stoudermire still in a walking boot.

Willy didn't get many reps today. Josh Portis actually got most of the QB reps.

Lots, lots of practicing onside kicks.

Trainers working with Patrick Neufeld on his calf...he was doing some exercises on his calf. Seems to be a real slow healer.

Watson and Washington were practicing fully. Same with Nick Moore who was heavily involved in the offensive plays.

And the big news...while I'm not 100% positive because he had a toque on, but it looked like JFG cut his hair.

Thanks for that report. Willy must be pretty banged up if he's not taking the first team reps. on the last day of practice. Might explain his accuracy issues on the long balls. Does Portis even dress for the games? Seems kind of dumb to be giving the most important reps to #4.

Willy took some reps, but much much less than earlier in the season. I'd estimate he took 20% of the reps today.

Another interesting observation was when they were practicing punting/returns. McGuffie was doing the returns. Woods was just chilling/chatting with the players not involved in punting drills on the sidelines. O'Shea took him aside and they had a chat. They then walked over to the end zone and Woods started taking mental reps on punt returns. O'Shea and Woods kept chatting for a while in the end zone.

Another interesting observation was when they were practicing punting/returns. McGuffie was doing the returns. Woods was just chilling/chatting with the players not involved in punting drills on the sidelines. O'Shea took him aside and they had a chat. They then walked over to the end zone and Woods started taking mental reps on punt returns. O'Shea and Woods kept chatting for a while in the end zone.

Mental reps.?  What does that mean, paying attention?

Mental reps.? What does that mean, paying attention?

Maybe a little more than that, but basically yes.