Free Press (Fan Vote) Picking All-Time Blue Bomber Greats

comedygeek

The linebackers the Bombers had in the late 80's - early 90's were insane! And there were some greats that didn't make the list. Aaron Brown and Delbert Fowler of that era weren't slouches either. Did K.D. Williams play linebacker? It's a tough call - I remember Greg Battle's performance in the 1990 Grey Cup. One interception on the Bomber's goal line and one for a pick-six.

Ty Jones my pick but I not heard of Minnick

And it's Jones just barely ahead of West.

The linebackers the Bombers had in the late 80's - early 90's were insane! And there were some greats that didn't make the list. Aaron Brown and Delbert Fowler of that era weren't slouches either. Did K.D. Williams play linebacker? It's a tough call - I remember Greg Battle's performance in the 1990 Grey Cup. One interception on the Bomber's goal line and one for a pick-six.

Look for Phil Minnick to be on that list. At least I hope so.

MLB Phil Minnick played in the 1965 Grey Cup & was as good or better than some of the famous linebackers of his day like BC's Tom Brown, Jerry Campbell of the Rough Riders & Stamps Wayne Harris. The problem was the Bombers tanked for a number of years after the '66 season & he played on a bad defence on a bad team after. Then he suffered some injuries which slowed him down after the 1969 season. He actually took 2 seasons off after the 1970 season to recover from a knee injury but he came back a couple of years later to play for the Bombers the entire 72 & 73 seasons at OLB before finally retiring. Had he played on a great team like Harris & Campbell did their entire careers then he'd be a  lot better known. He was a force on defense at linebacker & may have been our best player during the 69 & 70 season. 

Time for a little positivity in this forum..even if it relates to a someone who played for this team 20 years ago.

Greg Battle is the Free Press pick as the best all-time linebacker in Bombers history.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Battle-emerges-victorious-in-race-for-All-Time-Bomber-linebacker-278067292.html?cx_navSource=d-popular-views

Next up, the kickers.  

Suspect it will be Walby but all good candidates.

With most of these lists it's tough to make a poor choice.

yep, unlike the Riders the Bombers have a rich history

Who's the troll? Gee I wonder.

Statement of fact is not a troll. I'm guessing you weren't around when trolling was invented and don't know the actual definition. 

Still we Do have a much richer history than the green. We're on the internet, you can look that up.

Time for a little positivity in this forum..even if it relates to a someone who played for this team 20 years ago.

Greg Battle is the Free Press pick as the best all-time linebacker in Bombers history.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Battle-emerges-victorious-in-race-for-All-Time-Bomber-linebacker-278067292.html?cx_navSource=d-popular-views

Next up, the kickers.  

Kennerd, Cameron? Westwood should be flattered if he makes the list...