non-jets fans...

You missed the point. Point is that the bandwagon was jumped on during the Oilers dynasty days.

Dad never cheered for any other teams. Kind of ridiculous to say that he bandwagoned. 

you really need to calm down and learn how to handle **** like this, man alive, you are so uptight and oblivious to the total lack of seriousness that goes on around here sometimes. 

If Duressler is only 14 & not 41 then maybe he needs to learn not to be so serious as well. It's an acquired thing. I've lost my mind here on a few occasions myself & I've been around these forums since 2000.

why_so_serious-wide.jpg

Don't worry Duressler just keep carrying on. The longer you're here the more respect you'll get. This isn't an easy board for other fans of teams especially the Riders to coexist on. Not a lot of high 5's here. You're doing fine. 

Sometimes even bomber fans get crapped on for having different opinions. It is what it is. It's a fan forum. 

Don't worry Duressler just keep carrying on. The longer you're here the more respect you'll get. This isn't an easy board for other fans of teams especially the Riders to coexist on. Not a lot of high 5's here. You're doing fine. 

No this is false, the absolute best he can hope for is to be tolerated, but that's a long way off. It's certainly not going to happen posting as much as he does with so little substance. He almost seemed to come in with the attitude that he'd be instantly accepted.. which is puzzling to me. He's the enemy and he's not even a terribly insightful poster... not all his fault for that, young people just lack the perspective to be truly insightful. He'd have had an easier time not just assuming people would accept him. Keep quiet and slowly work your way in is much more effective than the posting everywhere in every thread. 

the bandwagon comment was clearly a joke, and you reacted as if it were a serious comment. Not the first time you've done that either. I saw you bitching earlier in the year on rider fans about all the tongue in cheek comments about the rider fans not selling out game one, those comments were not supposed to be taken seriously either. 

1. Your post to me sounded serious. If it was supposed to be joke, then you didn't make it sound like one.

2. Please link to when I did this on riderfans. I don't remember doing that.

I am not going to go back and wade through old threads to find it, it was during the summer sometime when I was bored and actually read that site but it was there. 

No this is false, the absolute best he can hope for is to be tolerated, but that's a long way off. It's certainly not going to happen posting as much as he does with so little substance. He almost seemed to come in with the attitude that he'd be instantly accepted.. which is puzzling to me. He's the enemy and he's not even a terribly insightful poster... not all his fault for that, young people just lack the perspective to be truly insightful. He'd have had an easier time not just assuming people would accept him. Keep quiet and slowly work your way in is much more effective than the posting everywhere in every thread.

the bandwagon comment was clearly a joke, and you reacted as if it were a serious comment. Not the first time you've done that either. I saw you bitching earlier in the year on rider fans about all the tongue in cheek comments about the rider fans not selling out game one, those comments were not supposed to be taken seriously either.

1. Your post to me sounded serious. If it was supposed to be joke, then you didn't make it sound like one.

2. Please link to when I did this on riderfans. I don't remember doing that.

I am not going to go back and wade through old threads to find it, it was during the summer sometime when I was bored and actually read that site but it was there.

That last part of your reply to iso: I always post in large quantities on forums. It has nothing to do with being accepted.

And I have had many insightful conversations with people. Just because I haven't made smartass comments here, doesn't mean I'm un insightful.

When the Jets moved to Phoenix after the 1996 season, I stopped following the NHL. I was very bitter & I don't think in 15 years I sat down & watched an entire game, regular season or playoffs once in that time on television. I just couldn't become a Flames fan even though I lived here. For the most part the team sucked anyway so it was easy not to like them. It's the Winnipeg Jets for me or nothing. I'm back to watching the NHL again. Before the Jets went into the NHL with the merger with the WHA in 1979, I did cheer for the Canadiens & Bruins. They were my favourite NHL teams back in the day. Now I don't care about them. I can't stand PK Suban. However, if there was a team I'd now cheer distantly second for behind the Jets that would be the Blackhawks.

For me when Gretzky got traded I saw the end of Canadian dominance coming. From the moment the Rangers bought the cup I stopped caring. We became the hockey version of MLB for 10 years with money being the deciding factor most of the time.

Now that they are back it's me and pops ranting and raving the way it should be.

I have always hated the Oilers & always will. Living in Calgary & Winnipeg does that to a person. Those guys like Hall, Eberle & Nugent-Hopkins better start winning some games.

Sooner or later they will get older then LOOK OUT!

When the Jets moved to Phoenix after the 1996 season, I stopped following the NHL. I was very bitter & I don't think in 15 years I sat down & watched an entire game, regular season or playoffs once in that time on television. I just couldn't become a Flames fan even though I lived here. For the most part the team sucked anyway so it was easy not to like them. It's the Winnipeg Jets for me or nothing. I'm back to watching the NHL again. Before the Jets went into the NHL with the merger with the WHA in 1979, I did cheer for the Canadiens & Bruins. They were my favourite NHL teams back in the day. Now I don't care about them. I can't stand PK Suban. However, if there was a team I'd now cheer distantly second for behind the Jets that would be the Blackhawks.

For me when Gretzky got traded I saw the end of Canadian dominance coming. From the moment the Rangers bought the cup I stopped caring. We became the hockey version of MLB for 10 years with money being the deciding factor most of the time.

Now that they are back it's me and pops ranting and raving the way it should be.

I have always hated the Oilers & always will. Living in Calgary & Winnipeg does that to a person. Those guys like Hall, Eberle & Nugent-Hopkins better start winning some games.

Sooner or later they will get older then it will be time to retire!

Fixed it for you.;)

Canucks were a better team in 2011 than Boston but lost the Cup. Money can't always buy championships. 

The Canucks were a prototypical regular season team that year. Boston was built to win the grind of the playoffs and Vancouver with their pansy players wasn't.

Won't deny that. The Bruins ground them to a pulp.

Canucks were a better team in 2011 than Boston but lost the Cup. Money can't always buy championships.

A lot of people hopped on the Canucks bandwagon in the years leading up to that Stanley Cup run. It's rare that I've enjoyed seeing a team lose as much as I enjoyed seeing Vancouver fall apart in game 7. Watching guys like Kesler and Burrows get a ring would be insufferable.

I grew up an Oilers fan (no bandwagon, I had a family member on the team). Loved the original Jets (unless they were playing Edmonton) too.

Haven't gotten into the Jets 2.0 but I do follow them since they are the home team and we're bombarded with them in the media. Maybe one year they will give me a reason to cheer for them!