In Alberta Mountains Today... Snow

iso_55

As an aside... Think Jim Prentice can pull off an election win, 17? He's the next Premier of Alberta, I'm sure. I got a call from Ric McIver's campaign HQ today asking if I would buy a PC membership & support him in the leadership race. I told the canvasser that I could not with good conscience support a political party that is morally & ethically bankrupt even though I like Ric as a person. He's with the wrong party. I told the lady I hope the Wild Rose wins the next election. 

I don't see how he doesn't win at this point. McIver has just said some really strange things. As far as the general election goes I wouldn't be surprised to see the PCs pull it off again. Not sure people are ready to trust the Wild Rose yet given that they are close with the federal conservatives who are falling out of favour. 

my hands would have to be carefully loosened from the wheel if I had to drive through the mountains on snow and ice.

specially cause the locals don't seem to slow down for anything.

There are people who think that a light dusting means then slow down to 60 on the Deerfoot. I find them just as dangerous than the idiots who still do 130 in a blizzard

drive into bc through crows nest pass, the driving I saw going both ways, was insane. people pulling huge boats, going 90 100 k, deer on the road ducking between cars and trucks, bumper to bumper, passing , absolutely nuts.

That highway you speak of near the Crow in SW AB is always busy like you say. The TC in BC between the AB border & Kamloops is insanely nuts. On the TC, it's a single lane hwy with thousands of cars on the road both ways & a 90 kph speed limit that most drivers don't observe. Truckers doing 130 in their rigs tailgating downhill & going 80 kph uphill, RVs doing 30 kph under the speed limit both creating huge lineups behind them & 500 metre passing lanes. People get frustrated & impatient as some cars just refuse to pass & take chances passing other vehicles. I saw one guy 2 weeks ago coming back from Vancouver pass a dozen cars on the TC by Rogers Pass. He must've passed me at 150 kph. Probably the most unsafe stretch of hwy in Canada. It's a Canadian disgrace as it is our national highway system stuck in the 1960's. I hate driving it. 

drive into bc through crows nest pass, the driving I saw going both ways, was insane. people pulling huge boats, going 90 100 k, deer on the road ducking between cars and trucks, bumper to bumper, passing , absolutely nuts.

That highway you speak of near the Crow in SW AB is always busy like you say. The TC in BC between the AB border & Kamloops is insanely nuts. On the TC, it's a single lane hwy with thousands of cars on the road both ways & a 90 kph speed limit that most drivers don't observe. Truckers doing 130 in their rigs tailgating downhill & going 80 kph uphill, RVs doing 30 kph under the speed limit both creating huge lineups behind them & 500 metre passing lanes. People get frustrated & impatient as some cars just refuse to pass & take chances passing other vehicles. I saw one guy 2 weeks ago coming back from Vancouver pass a dozen cars on the TC by Rogers Pass. He must've passed me at 150 kph. Probably the most unsafe stretch of hwy in Canada. It's a Canadian disgrace as it is our national highway system stuck in the 1960's. I hate driving it. 

yikes.