Expansion by 2017 to Include Toronto, Vegas,Seattle and Quebec City?

Goalie

There is a lot of defending of the players going on too.  While it's true fans pay the money so they can cheer or boo as they please, its pretty rich of fans to trash the players, throw things on the ice and then get mad when the players dont salute them.  I briefly saw some chatter about some fans going after players' wives/gf's online also.  Unacceptable behaviour.  Players have an increased obligation to the fans but not an unlimited obligation to the fans.

Personally, the salute means nothing if its a requirement after every win.  It was cool seeing the Jets do it the first few times.  Now? Meh, means nothing.  Its just going through the motions.  So who cares.

As it relates to the Leafs, on-ice they have problems.  Off-ice, they are a cash cow.  Thats never going to change.

While it is true that there are Leafs fans who don't deserve the players to "give back" with some of the antics they've done, it doesn't hold true for every fan in the building.  I would say that for the fans in attendance there are far far more that don't do that stupid stuff then do.

For the players to snub the whole fan base because of that is unacceptable.  You are in a job that in one way or another (ticket prices, advertisers, etc) you are paid by fan support.  If the fan support goes away, then you don't have a job anymore. They are in the entertainment business.

I agree that the salute doesn't mean all that much, but to purposefully not do it at that point in time does means a whole lot as a statement.  

They are "punishing" the whole fan base because of a few.  And that is just going to turn more fans against them.  

I agree that the salute doesn't mean all that much, but to purposefully not do it at that point in time does means a whole lot as a statement.  

I agree it does, and good for them for doing it. Let the management group worry about the fans. For a team as besieged by their fans and media as they are, that probably felt great for them.

I agree it does, and good for them for doing it. Let the management group worry about the fans. For a team as besieged by their fans and media as they are, that probably felt great for them.

So if the Jets were to do something similar here because a group of fans were acting stupid that you weren't a part of, you'd be fine with it even after dropping $500 for a couple of seats, beer, and popcorn.

Pat them on the back and say way to show them.

there were a lot of people who said Kane was 100% right to want out of Winnipeg after the way "the fans" treated him.  Same thing.

The Leafs didnt snub the entire fan base.  They snubbed the people in the building, the ones who had been boo'ing and throwing things on the ice.

If the Jets went through a bad stretch and some lunatic fans were attacking them personally or thier families online and the team as a whole decided to show support for that player(s) by snubbing them, I'd support it.  Players arent slaves.

It could also be perceived as a way of snubbing management who the players know will be the ones under fire for it.  The Leafs may not be great but management hasnt helped them.

Also, I'd prefer the Jets stop doing the salute every game.  They should do it on special occasions, big wins or if the crowd was especially active.  A game like the one against the Pens, which was a loss so no salute, thats the type of game where if you dont do a salute every time, you could do a salute and the crowd would go crazy.

The only time I've ever cared about players skating around in a circle after a game was late April of 1996.

...don't know when this became a thing or why anyone would care or talk about it today and if the leaves fall into a muddy bog and are discovered as fossilized remains in 10,000 years I'd be fine with it but could not begin to care whether or not they "saluted" the fans they can all go huff fecal matter as far as I'm concerned...

The NHL has expanded multiple times and the watering down of talent concern comes up every time.  For the most part it hasn't amounted to much of anything.  The expansion teams suck to start, just like all expansion teams suck at first.  Established teams getting weaker from it?  For the most part, expansion teams end up with the Scott Mellanby's of the league.  A little long in the tooth, but add "leadership".

So if the Jets were to do something similar here because a group of fans were acting stupid that you weren't a part of, you'd be fine with it even after dropping $500 for a couple of seats, beer, and popcorn.

Pat them on the back and say way to show them.

Yes. I'd have paid all that money to watch them play, not raise their sticks in an empty gesture that means nothing to me...or them.

It's certainly not an "unacceptable snub" when they stop doing it.

I don't think the talent is watered down anymore.

It was for a long time, but, watching some games this year, the players conditioning, endurance, skating skills, stick handling and shooting skills

are absolutely amazing.

Don't know much about it, but I guess, Europeans, better American college hockey, and kids seriously training from the time their little, is why.

The games might be slow sometimes, but the skill and conditioning levels are very high.

I wonder if Saskatchewan has enough people to support a team now. They sure have enough money.

never thought I 'd say it, but the stanley cup winners from the last five years or so would kill the teams from the good old days. 

Seattle should have got a team the moment the Supersonics went to OKC.

It's too bad the Hansen group isn't interested in owning an NHL franchise.

With so many teams having issues, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the NHL in Seattle within the next 5 years, Quebec as well one would think.

"Sonics Arena" hockey configuration.

1363303885-hockeyview_mainconcourse.jpg

SEA2.jpg

What arena concept is this & how many seats?