Justin Palardy on his way to Regina

gbill2004

Why would they not pony up some money and keep Schmidt

Why? Bartel is a non-import and has an almost identical average punt average as Schmitt this year.

Bartel has struggled this year.

It's tough to tell with stats. After week 8, Bartell has 1 punt more than Schmitt with Schmitt's average 0.1 yards per punt better (Bartell 44.3 while Schmitt is 44.4). Their net averages are 2 yards different (Bartell 37.5, Schmitt 35.5). Bartel has had 13 punts inside the 20 yard line and 5 inside the 10 yard line while Schmitt has 11 inside the 20 and 2 inside the 5. 

Why? Bartel is a non-import and has an almost identical average punt average as Schmitt this year.

It's tough to tell with stats. After week 8, Bartell has 1 punt more than Schmitt with Schmitt's average 0.1 yards per punt better (Bartell 44.3 while Schmitt is 44.4). Their net averages are 2 yards different (Bartell 37.5, Schmitt 35.5). Bartel has had 13 punts inside the 20 yard line and 5 inside the 10 yard line while Schmitt has 11 inside the 20 and 2 inside the 5. 

I see 44.8 for Bartel and 44.6 for Schmitt on CFL.ca

Anyways, it's Bartel's best year average wise.

Bartel has been punting okay overall.  The loss of Schmitt is more concerning his kickoffs which are some of the best.

I saw that too but in the game analysis report for week 8 at CFL Media it had 44.3 and 44.4.

FWIW, Palardy's career made field goal average is 32 yards, compared to Milo's 29.

That doesn't necessarily speak to leg strength.

No, but considering Palardy has slightly better career accuracy, it's to his advantage that he is making longer field goals on average.

I saw that too but in the game analysis report for week 8 at CFL Media it had 44.3 and 44.4.

Gotcha. They have so many different variations of the same stat I don't know what to believe.