Stoudermire on offence?

gbill2004

I don't see the connection between returning punts and kickoffs and playing RB, totally different skill sets and running situations.  Stoudermire is probably better suited to playing receiver if he can run good patterns but no .evidence yet that he can catch the ball as well as the 3 Intls. currently in those positions.

His highlight video from college had him playing multiple different positions; I think that is where some of this comes from.  He seems to be able to spot holes but definitely different as an RB than a Returner since there is a lot more time as a returner to plan the path.  He seemed to be an all around utility guy in college and it would be great if he could fill those shoes with our team.  Obviously CFL play though is not college play so it may not succeed but it definitely is worth giving it a shot.

I don't see the connection between returning punts and kickoffs and playing RB, totally different skill sets and running situations.  Stoudermire is probably better suited to playing receiver if he can run good patterns but no .evidence yet that he can catch the ball as well as the 3 Intls. currently in those positions.

Agreed.  Especially if he doesn't have experience doing it at a high level.  Much like catching a punt, taking a handoff is a skill unto itself, especially with the zone read stuff where the QB may or may not be giving the RB the ball.