Why is Washington still returning punts?

gbill2004

Demond is one of the best tacklers on the team, he is very good at coverage too, I'd rank our Db's 1. Randle 2. Washington 3. Johnson 4. Bucknor.

Washington isn't a problem on defence, actually he's a guy who you notice lots on defence and it's not cuz he's being beat, it's cuz he's always the guy making tackles for losses. 

Floyd seems to have always had an issue with Washington for some reason and just can't let it go.

Why is washington taking heat anyways when Willy threw 3 picks and our run game was non existent and our oline sucked? 

You know what, Our D kept us in this game, Sasks offence really did nothing all game, It was our own mistakes that cost us. To blame one guy or to pile on washington right now is being ridiculous. 

So like, you do realize that I suggested Washington should lose his return job and AKAChip thought I was suggesting we cut him...

Nice rant though.

Except that's not what I was suggesting. I was merely suggesting that my concern is that Washington's fumbles on returns could potentially turn the public opinion of him when is has nothing to do with his defensive abilities.

Washington is one of this teams best players... He makes an impact every game on defense. You don't bench him entirely because he's had trouble with returns, you simply take him off the return team. There's other guys on the roster who can do that aspect of the game. 

I think blaming washington is masking other issues, to be honest, we had 5 turnovers tonight and washingtons was almost caused by his own player.

Fumble wasn't caused by anything but poor ball security.  If he's holding the ball properly and securely, it doesn't fly out.  It's football, you have to carry the ball in a manner in which you can absorb impact without coughing the ball up.

Work with him on ball security, or scratch him off the list of returners.

Washington is one of this teams best players... He makes an impact every game on defense. You don't bench him entirely because he's had trouble with returns, you simply take him off the return team. There's other guys on the roster who can do that aspect of the game.

No one is suggesting benching him completely. Just take him off returns, permanently. I think he's one of the better defenders in the CFL.