Herb Zurkowski's article about Bob Irving

Jacquie

Article says Irving will be semi-retiring and giving up his role as Sports Director at CJOB this year ad then becoming a part-time employee working only during Bomber season. I sure hope Toth doesn't take over as Sports Director...that would be a disaster.

Toth is a Super clown. Kelly Moore (who's not that much younger than Irving) will probably draw in as sports director. CJOB still think they have a sniff of getting Jets hockey radio rights back. They don't. Right now they're trying to stave off TSN from getting the football rights in 4 years. 

I had never heard anyone else do live radio play by play until a couple of years ago we were in the States listening to the broadcasts on Sirius. It was then that I realized we really are lucky to have Bob broadcasting the Bombers.

I tell you it was eye opening moving to Alberta and listening to the radio guys out here and then being exposed to more through satellite radio... Irving is a cut above them all. I never cared too much back in the day when all the games weren't broadcast because Irving was so good. Not over the top, just tell the listener what he sees and the excitement or disappointment isn't forced. More broadcasters today need to realize that they don't have to be the entertainment, they just have to tell people what's going on.