CFL releases Combine info (including participant list)

Mike

Montreal Combine is finished ...

Have to be honest, it's a pretty sad showing. One guy that really surprised me was Laval receiver Julian Bailey. This guy was considered a top 10 pick in this class a few years ago, but it turns out he hasn't qualified as a non-import yet. He still participated at the combine as an import today and ran a 5.12 40 yard. Expected better.

At first glance, I didn't see many guys whose testing numbers would earn them an invite. Quinn Everett would be one, but to me, you'd have to earn an invite based on the interview if you were anybody else.

I took a look this morning at the results for the regional combines...

The Edmonton and Montreal combines had some terrible numbers for the 40 yd dash. Skill players in the 4.7 to 5.1 range. Seems the Toronto combine had some better results, maybe they timed the 40 differently. Publishing these "FAT" times sure isn't flattering any of the prospects. They should go back to hand-times.

Publishing these "FAT" times sure isn't flattering any of the prospects. They should go back to hand-times.

So you'd rather have inaccurate information to judge your talent on?   Do you think that they should add 20 lbs and 3" in height to player's information in the roster to make them more flattering too?

IMHO, they should put the most accurate information possible. 

Publishing these "FAT" times sure isn't flattering any of the prospects. They should go back to hand-times.

So you'd rather have inaccurate information to judge your talent on?   Do you think that they should add 20 lbs and 3" in height to player's information in the roster to make them more flattering too?

IMHO, they should put the most accurate information possible. 

The automated times start at the first movement the runner makes, be it an arm, a head, etc. Watch some of the NFL combine stuff where they show two runners side by side on split screen, or overlapped. Often times the guy who actually ran faster will have the poorer automated time.