Danny Barrett as Bombers QB coach?

gbill2004

Not as a position coach especially. As a Coordinator maybe. As a HC, yes. Look at Austin.

Except Austin didn't come back until he was HC and GM. Didn't he turn down the Riders when they offered him the HC position a couple years ago?

Truly nit picking, Jacquie. Do you think every NCAA coach won't come up here unless they are both a HC & GM? 

Not as a position coach especially. As a Coordinator maybe. As a HC, yes. Look at Austin.

Except Austin didn't come back until he was HC and GM. Didn't he turn down the Riders when they offered him the HC position a couple years ago?

Truly nit picking, Jacquie. Do you think every NCAA coach won't come up here unless they are both a HC & GM? 

I think we need to remember these guys are individuals. There is no consistent pattern to how any of this works.

I think we need to remember these guys are individuals. There is no consistent pattern to how any of this works.

Exactly. Every team & situation is different. 

It isn't nitpicking if Austin turned down big money for just a HC job a couple of years earlier. And I wasn't saying every NCAA coach - I specifically was referring to Austin.

It isn't nitpicking if Austin turned down big money for just a HC job a couple of years earlier. And I wasn't saying every NCAA coach - I specifically was referring to Austin.

You don't know why Austin turned it down. At Harvard, his family got free tuition so maybe that was why he decided to stay. Maybe it just wasn't the best time to uproot his family when the Riders wanted him. Maybe going back to Regina didn't suit him. It could have been personal, family reasons, money, whatever. But you just can't assume he turned  down the Riders because only the HC position was available & he wanted to be both HC & GM as you don't know that. As Mike said, every team situation & coach is different. 

I doubt it will be Barrett but who knows...

Danny Barrett joined the UCF coaching staff in February 2011 as the Knights' running backs coach, and enters his fourth year in 2014. A former head coach of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Barrett is one of three members of the UCF staff who has been a head coach on the professional or collegiate level joining O'Leary and offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe who led The Citadel along with the Montreal Alouettes and Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/danny_barrett_747614.html

Barrett's qb will probably be the first one picked in the NFL draft. Maybe not the first player but the first qb selected.... Someone said he coached at a small school? He's going to be in demand.

BTW,  Johnny Football was measured at a generous 5'11. I just can't see that guy doing that well in the NFL. Maybe he's another Russell Wilson, who knows?