TSN CFL Games on Demand

Fatty Liver

TSN moved to a new VOD system near the end of the last CFL season.  Previously they'd have the entire season available for viewing, now it's just games from the previous week.

The new system wasn't very fast making the recent games available, either -- on the old system, they'd be up a couple hours after the games were finished, but now it can take days.

If the league were smart they would offer a yearly streaming package for all CFL games, much like the other major sports leagues do.  

HELL YES.  In the US, you're supposed to use ESPN3 to get your CFL, but ESPN3 is bullshit.  It's only available through certain ISPs, which is Not The Way The Internet Is Supposed To Work. 

As much as I hate making excuses for people, you've gotta realize that those kind of archives would cost a bunch of money and I don't know where the corresponding revenue stream would be. 

Same with a CFL Season Pass kinda thing, I don't know if the market is there for it, given that the CFL is on basic cable in Canada and doesn't have much of a following internationally aside from weird Canadian expats like me.

As much as I hate making excuses for people, you've gotta realize that those kind of archives would cost a bunch of money and I don't know where the corresponding revenue stream would be.

Upload them to Youtube then?

Hosting is just one of the expenses. The CFL would have to pay to get the old games digitized, cataloged, etc.

I have to wonder if there even is a CFL video archive and who owns it. Especially from the nineties when the league was in such crap shape.

There's this awesome guy on youtube called cflvideo1964 who posts excerpts from his collection -- he has hundreds of CFL games since the 1970s on tape. I'd love to get my hands on his collection and get the whole thing onto youtube. It'd be a hell of an undertaking but then the games would be out there forever.