Esks Didn't Announce Roster Until 10 Am This Morning

iso_55

Media & fans are not happy up  in Edmonchuk as Ed Hervery & those silly Eskimos waited 14 hours before announcing their team cuts & PR. Didn't post anything on their website until 10 am this morning. I see this as a PR slap in the face when all other 7 teams announced their rosters on time & yet Edmonton kept their fanbase in the dark for so long. Some fans are saying Hervey did this to pay back the Edmonton media for ignoring the team when it came to coverage compared to the Oilers. Some fans thought it was great. Some fans thought it was bush league & won't help the team relationship wise with the local media. Me, I think it's the  height of arrogance to ignore their fanbase like that. Hoping the CFL can fine Edmonton for their actions. What's the point of having a deadline if it isn't followed?

Media & fans are not happy up  in Edmonchuk as Ed Hervery & those silly Eskimos waited 14 hours before announcing their team cuts & PR. Didn't post anything on their website until 10 am this morning. I see this as a PR slap in the face when all other 7 teams announced their rosters on time & yet Edmonton kept their fanbase in the dark for so long. Some fans are saying Hervey did this to pay back the Edmonton media for ignoring the team when it came to coverage compared to the Oilers. Some fans thought it was great. Some fans thought it was bush league & won't help the team relationship wise with the local media. Me, I think it's the  height of arrogance to ignore their fanbase like that. Hoping the CFL can fine Edmonton for their actions. What's the point of having a deadline if it isn't followed?

I don't think they can fine them because they did submit to league before deadline.

Yes, I should have clarified that point, sorry. Rosters were submitted. The CFL is a gate driven league & for the team to thumb its nose at their fans & the media is a bad move by Hervey. The CFL probably thought that as soon as 8 pm came last night, all teams would submit their rosters & PR & then announce them. I don't think the CFL envisioned the Eskimos doing what they did. Last year it was Saskatchewan taking their time but even they weren't as bad as the Esks. Fourteen hours after the deadline? That's not good. Imagine if Joe Mack had done that here?

The roster deadline was 10pm. The Cfl status report gets circulated to the teams at 4pm EDT. The Eskimos and all teams have to give cut players a chance to see if other teams may want to pick them up before signing a pr agreement. Why people thing that teams can't take care of their own business first is beyond me.

I am not sure what Hervey is thinking here.  He also made his mini-camp off-limits to media, which in Winnipeg would have caused Paul Friesen and crew to crap their entitled diapers.  You can get away with things when you are a winning team, but I don't see the Eks winning more than 3 or 4 games this year. Hervey is a rookie GM, he may want to play a little nicer.  And yeah, using Mike Kelly in this context is totally comparable.  Ultimately, you can be a prick, but you can't lose and be a prick.

Bill Belichek is a prick & he can get away with it as he's won 3 Super Bowls. Hugh Campbell was like that but he won 5 Grey Cups. Losing coaches & GMs can't do that. Hervey strikes me as a GM who is confident to the point of being cocky. If I was an Eskimo fan, I could care less about the way he treats the media but I'd be ticked I had to wait till mid Sunday morning to find out about final roster moves. Lesson number one. Don't piss off the fanbase.