New Bomber Board Member Via Public Nomination

Noeller

one #bombers board member is resigning this year and three more next year. Someone is pushing for change at the top and that's a good thing

The #bombers won't say which 3 BOD are resigning but 3 of longest serving and well over term limits Gene Dunn, David Asper, Bill Watchorn

Looks preemptive to me #bombers BOD knows the ride is over unless transparent reform made

Come on Mike, they cant all be bad.  We dont know what happens behind closed doors.  We know there was a split over the hiring of Mack which should give some hope that some of them know what they're doing.  Doesnt Bob Cameron sit on the board?  He cant be an idiot.

I'd be more than happy to see them all go.

And why is Cameron necessarily a good member of the board? Because he booted footballs for us? I have no idea whether he's a valuable member of the board or not but his resume as a carpenter and a punter doesn't mean he's a lock to keep around.

I guess it depends what the expectations are of the board.  They are unpaid so you're hoping to attract quality people that will donate their time, energy, intelligence, effort and resources for free (or whatever perks come with the job).

I would like the Board to hire a quality CEO and then get out of his way.  I do expect the CEO to report to the Board on a regular basis but I dont want the board interferring with the CEO just like I dont want the CEO interferring with the GM.

Come on Mike, they cant all be bad.  We dont know what happens behind closed doors.  We know there was a split over the hiring of Mack which should give some hope that some of them know what they're doing.  Doesnt Bob Cameron sit on the board?  He cant be an idiot.

Being a 20 year punter, home renovator, and Winnipeg resident... does not mean automatic overrides on term limits.

So it's really no different than the usual process, except they had names emailed to them to choose from.  So really they could have just appointed anyone they wanted, not a public process at all.

So it's really no different than the usual process, except they had names emailed to them to choose from.  So really they could have just appointed anyone they wanted, not a public process at all.

The Bombers really need to become a Community owned team.

I know some diehards believe that us fans would be terrible at choosing a Director, but IMO we'd be so much better than the crap we're seeing now.

Although I don't see Asper and his cronies allowing the team to become commmunity owned.

Its a sham. A genuine process of public involvement would have been to whittle the publically nominated candidates down to a manageable number of qualified people, and then allow season ticket holders to vote. And probably to have the process overseen by a separate body arms length from the board. But that would have taken control out of the boards hands. Its laughable that they consider this "public involvement".

The last thing I want is the fans electing board members.

So much this...

They'd be choosing from a preselected list of qualified candidates. Its not like you'd get a mail in vote for just anyone. And it would undermine the tendency of the board to keep promoting people they are familiar/friendly with, which leads to a very insuler organization. But on reflection, maybe it would be too dangerous. After all, it might lead to the bombers becoming a poorly managed organization that finishes at the bottom of the league... and we wouldn't want that.

So lets let the public engage in voting acitivites that won't have such potentially significant consequences as effecting the composition of the board of a football club, like voting in federal and provincial elections, etc...

The last thing I want is the fans electing board members.

So much this...

It seems to work in Sask and Green Bay.

Rider fans are just as knee jerky if not more so than we are and the Board seems to have made a few good decisions.

Sorry but I'd much rather the share/season ticket holders voting than Asper having anything to do with this team.