Home Opener Nearing Sell-Out

Raydawg

Home Opener Nearing Sell-Out Monday, June 10th, 2013

The only thing that will out-match the power of CFL football legend, Chris Walby and the bass voice of internationally acclaimed Phillip Ens will be the sound of a capacity crowd at the Official Opening of the new Investors Group Field on June 27, 2013.

“With just over two weeks until opening day, anyone wanting to experience this historic event should scoop up a ticket while they can,” said Winnipeg Football Club President and CEO, Garth Buchko.  “With a stellar made-in-Manitoba Opening Ceremony starting to take shape and just 2,000 tickets left, this is definitely the week to buy.”

When offensive-force Chris Walby takes to centre-field as the co-host of the Opening Ceremony, he will be joined by Manitoba’s own creative-force, Laura Lussier, who, as an actress, singer, dancer, producer and director, can do on stage what Walby used to do on the field --- take control and wow people.

Warming up on the sidelines to rattle the new rafters with the singing of the national anthem will be Phillip Ens, the operatic pride of Manitoba. Since premiering with the Manitoba Opera in 1985, Ens has performed all over the world and has sung with major orchestras and festivals including with the BBC Orchestra, the Proms series in London, as well as at the Edinburgh and Salzburg Festivals, and the Accademia di Santa Cecilinia in Rome.  He returns home for this one night only performance.

As previously announced, half-time will feature the Juno award winning rock legend, Tom Cochrane, whose roots date back to Flin Flon, Manitoba.

“Whether you’re a Blue Bomber fan or a Manitoban wanting to support home-grown, world-class talent like Phillip Ens, Laura Lussier, or Tom Cochrane,” said Buchko, “make sure you’re in the House on June 27,” said Buchko.

Fans are asked to arrive no later than 7:15 p.m. for the Opening Ceremonies which will start before the 8:00 p.m. kickoff when the Winnipeg Blue Bombers host the Montreal Alouettes.  The celebration will include an inaugural Investors Group Field towel as a special souvenir for all fans in attendance.

Great season tickets are still available in the lower bowl but the deadline to purchase is 5:00 p.m. tomorrow.  To purchase, please visit bluebombers.com, call 204.784.7448 or buy them in person at Investors Group Field.

Single game tickets can be purchased by visiting www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1.855.266.2377.

When I was buying individual seats for the home opener for a buddy of mine, we were able to use a seat selector. Each and every individual seat was shown, and anything that was taken was greyed out. So I think they already have something like that in place... I only hope I can use this feature next year when I renew my season tix.

I wish the ticketmaster website had the select a seat feature for the new stadium. I would hope that is something they are working on.

Not sure if we're thinking of the same thing but they definitely have the system in place for selecting individual seats off a seat map

Not sure if we're thinking of the same thing but they definitely have the system in place for selecting individual seats off a seat map

You are correct sir! The last time I looked (maybe it was a link from the official bomber site?) It was just a plain stadium map. Now when I went directly from ticketmaster's website I can see it.

I will just say that I'm very jealous of all of you that get to go to this. What a cool, once-in-a-lifetime experience. We Albertans will surely be watc  SN with envy...

And we know that no new stadium is coming in Calgary.  The new Stamps Prez says that there's been absolutely no discussion about one... LIke, really??? Stamps fans aren't stupid. McMahon is pushing 60 years of age. They see the new ball parks being built or retrofitted as in BC, Hamilton, Ottawa, Saskabush & Winnipeg. McMahon is old... Attendance is starting to tank... Not a good situation at all here in Cow Town. They say season tickets are at 21,000. Five years ago it was over 30,000. The age & ammenities of the facitlity has 75% do with it. Fan apathy (Oh yeah, just another 12-6 season... how boring) is the other 25%.