Game 69 : @ Bill & Ted's Jersey Shore

A MBB tradition, it's the Game 69 thread :D

vpslP19.gif

Time: Thursday, 1800, TSN3
Stats: 44-19-5 @ 33-32-4
Streaks: W3 @ W1
Last 10: 7-3-0 @ 3-7-0

Game Notes:

1. Brossoit needs to play 7 of the last 14 games for the Jets to be eligible for the Jennings trophy.
  2. Toffoli’s 800th game.
Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• FrostyWinnipeg changed the title to Game 69 : @ Bill & Ted's Jersey Shore

Not only a great skill play, but high IQ by Ehlers. Knew the Devils were tired and could not make the long change, so he transitioned quickly to offence and just used his speed and vision to create space and a beauty snipe. 

Jets may want to cover Hughes. 

Last night’s game was, in a word, frustrating. 

- because the passes were not crisp, be it the lousy ice, warm bouncy pucks, or whatever other  excuse you want to throw out there, or just plain lack of focus

- because except of 10 minutes in the back half of the second period the Jets were not playing with speed or focus

-because any zone time gained was not generating shots or quality shot chances

-because we did not look desperate against a team that had no reason to be desperate themselves, and bottom line got out worked by a team that does not have near our talent

- that our bad special teams, which cost us in the first two months of the year, reared it’s ugly head again

-that we wasted another strong performance by our back-up goalie by offering almost zero support either offensively or defensively

- that we squandered an opportunity to gain ground in a time where every point is crucial in a tough battle to get first place in the division

-that an effort like this follows right on the heels of a game that shows what we are capable of at our best

Anyway, can’t change the past, and no point wallowing after game 69 of 82. Need a good kick in the pants and be ready to come out hard Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is our game in hand on the Avs and Stars, better make the most of it. 

You know. Jekyl n Hyde can describe every team. Jets are 13 and 8 since the break. Ppl look at that and think that’s not good but they are at a 102 point pace. That’s real good. They have the highest winning percentage in the west so if we think they can be Jekyl n Hyde like, every other team is also. The parity in the nhl is real. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

You know. Jekyl n Hyde can describe every team. Jets are 13 and 8 since the break. Ppl look at that and think that’s not good but they are at a 102 point pace. That’s real good. They have the highest winning percentage in the west so if we think they can be Jekyl n Hyde like, every other team is also. The parity in the nhl is real. 

True that. 

Open question for everyone, how important do you see finishing first in the Central to be? Any of Dallas, Colorado, or Winnipeg is a strong Cup contender, and one of them is going home after round one due to a brutal division match-up, but with the wild card team right now being a white hot Predators team and the defending Cup champs and their soon to be $100 million playoff roster, are there really any easy outs or preferred opponents in round one? If I was to rank opponents from the current playoff teams, not sure who I’d fear least (LA I suppose), but Dallas sticks out to me as a team I would rather avoid - they seem to have the blueprint on how to shut the Jets down. Thoughts? Maybe this needs its own thread.