GDT: Game 15 vs New Jersey

iHeart

I think hockey fights these days are way too staged and contrived but Ehlers scrapping, as Howie Meeker would have said, now that's hockey.

Also my yearly rant that many hockey experts will disregard with a chuckle and eye role, but why not employ an aggressive PK box, ie pressure the puck handler.

There's risks I know but no harm in shaking it up a bit and trying cuz our pk right now aint doing it. 

18 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Also my yearly rant that many hockey experts will disregard with a chuckle and eye role, but why not employ an aggressive PK box, ie pressure the puck handler.

There's risks I know but no harm in shaking it up a bit and trying cuz our pk right now aint doing it. 

I would love to know which is more effective.

On 2023-11-15 at 1:06 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

I know you need specific skill sets to play an aggressive box but all I ask is even coming up with some sort of hybrid between the two styles of PK would be shaking it up. 

Just gotta be aggressive at the right times. Lots of times I think the forwards could play a little more aggressive on the pk, I mean sometimes it seems they just let them pass back n forth for 20 seconds when perhaps they could intercept the pass and ice it. But guess both kills 20 seconds 

More aggressiveness never hurt tho. Gotta sometimes hope helle or bro can bail you out and if we are being honest, they haven't as much this year. Both are kinda below where they normally are. Jets probably have 3 more wins if the goalies make an extra save