Game 52: Jets vs Blues

6 hours ago, Stickem said:

After the first 2 periods, I was saying to my buddy, here we go again....Then in the 3rd. a complete metamorphosis transpired....Where the heck was that game in the first 2....I noted one thing in the third....we started hitting and definitely had more jump in our game....I've come to the conclusion 'we hit,we win'....I think this club fell into a 'soft game' mentality recently....There's nothing like a strong physical effort to right the ship....I hope we can keep it going after the break...Morrisey ...you're the catalyst

Honestly, this game was similar to Philly in one way: in both the Jets actually came out well and carried play, but when they fell behind on Saturday they just folded. Bowness said they needed to show more patience and trust the system rather than playing as individuals. Last night they did that, and despite a hot goalie, bad puck luck, and a power play that needs fixing, they stuck with it and didn’t quit. They finally got rewarded, and the floodgates opened once they stopped squeezing the sticks. Gutsy win. Now they need to remember that for their first game back after the break. 

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I appreciated how JM got the crowd into it after scoring his first of the night.

Liked the emotion as well, but he basically said in his postgame comments that he was pissed off with the fans who were (justifiably) booing the team and wanted to give it back to them as much as exhorting them to get behind the team again. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

45 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Liked the emotion as well, but he basically said in his postgame comments that he was pissed off with the fans who were (justifiably) booing the team and wanted to give it back to them as much as exhorting them to get behind the team again. 

Yeah....Morrisey said he 'blacked out'...(must be some new hockey jargon) and he basically took the team on his shoulders and said.....that's enough....this team is better than that and I'll prove it.....Got to give it to the guy....He sure looked like captain material to me and what an effort....solid

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah....Morrisey said he 'blacked out'...(must be some new hockey jargon) 

basically a joke based on Will Ferrell in "Old School"...... it's been used a few times. Some years ago (really aging myself now) when Dustin Penner somehow managed a hat trick for the Oilers, he joked that he didn't know what happened...he blacked out..... which is all based on Ferrell in Old School debating against James Carvell...