1983 Western Final Bombers @ Lions

SpeedFlex27

Growing up in the eighties, I thought awesome Canadian slotbacks were a Bomber birthright, from House / Poplawski through Alphin / Wilcox.  Man it would be awesome if Petermann and Wolitarsky hit those heights....

Petermann wore 71 in training camp, shoulda kept it, that number looks good on a Canadian receiver.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

Growing up in the eighties, I thought awesome Canadian slotbacks were a Bomber birthright, from House / Poplawski through Alphin / Wilcox.  Man it would be awesome if Petermann and Wolitarsky hit those heights....

Petermann wore 71 in training camp, shoulda kept it, that number looks good on a Canadian receiver.

Petermann & Woli in the slots, Adams and _______ wide outs. Just need to fill in the blank and we are on our way back to the glory days. 

I started asking early last year if our backups were any good in case Nichols went down.......and man did I get a ton of flack for it.  I told people I didn't think Nichols was good enough throwing long,  he wasn't a good scrambler or runner,  to me he just didn't own the field when he came on.  No other teams have ever feared him in my opinion.  Those people that gave me flack don't want to discuss it this year.  

But,  if he starts I will cheer for him to do everything he needs to in order for us to win the game.  At least until he messes up anyway.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Bennet has the arm strength that Dieter did, I would really like to see him get some reps this year. 

If that's true so would I. Oh wait, we have no receivers.

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If Bennett could not beat out that sad lot of quarterbacks in Regina, how good can he be?

I have no idea how good he could be, only that he is a physical beast with a cannon of an arm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488449/article/se-louisianas-bryan-bennett-hit-60-mph-with-combine-throw

Edited by pigseye
z

15 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I have no idea how good he could be, only that he is a physical beast with a cannon of an arm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488449/article/se-louisianas-bryan-bennett-hit-60-mph-with-combine-throw

He doesn't throw like Brock. Brock was a flick-of-the-wrist thrower. He threw a very heavy ball. Bennett is athletic but looks to have a low release point and kind of a jerky delivery. Not the most accurate passer I've ever seen. Nice runner. 

47 minutes ago, J5V said:

He doesn't throw like Brock. Brock was a flick-of-the-wrist thrower. He threw a very heavy ball. Bennett is athletic but looks to have a low release point and kind of a jerky delivery. Not the most accurate passer I've ever seen. Nice runner. 

I said he has the arm strength, not the throwing motion, agree Brock just flipped the wrist, it was crazy. 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

I said he has the arm strength, not the throwing motion, agree Brock just flipped the wrist, it was crazy. 

Brock did not show up with that arm strength. He was just another QB prospect who managed to hang around long enough to get noticed. At season's end, he was told to strengthen his arm, so he went back home and started throwing shot-put balls around all offseason. He returned the next training camp and had put about 20 pounds on in his upper body- mostly on his shoulders and arms. I was spectating at that camp and his arms did not seem to taper from his shoulders to his wrists. And boy, could he sling that ball. The receivers were complaining about their hands being hurt.