Coaching and/ or Conditioning?

DR. CFL

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

Yes,

And I look at this differently, I think the conservative play calling is a result of the coaches not having confidence in the players on the field, not the other way around. They did try to go deep a few times in the 4th but the receivers had no separation from the DBs and Nichols was forced to overthrow each of the 3 attempts.

Bombers have one of the worst receiving corps in the League right now in my opinion, based on performance, not on what people here think they have on paper. That has to factor into the coaching decisions.

Some people identify with players on the team and are loyal to the players which leads to overestimating the value of their players relative to the rest of the league. I'm not loyal to players, but to the team. The team needs to make some tough decisions to get better, IMHO.

Notice how the Stamps developed Kamar Jordan, they didn't exactly pull him out of a hat, he's been sitting on the PR since 2014 learning the game and waiting for his opportunity to play.  Bombers cycle through recruited receivers so fast it makes the head spin and even if the guy has all the tools he gets two pre-season games to prove his worth then gets cut before they move onto the next one.

1 hour ago, TheSource said:

Yes,

And I look at this differently, I think the conservative play calling is a result of the coaches not having confidence in the players on the field, not the other way around. They did try to go deep a few times in the 4th but the receivers had no separation from the DBs and Nichols was forced to overthrow each of the 3 attempts.

Bombers have one of the worst receiving corps in the League right now in my opinion, based on performance, not on what people here think they have on paper. That has to factor into the coaching decisions.

Some people identify with players on the team and are loyal to the players which leads to overestimating the value of their players relative to the rest of the league. I'm not loyal to players, but to the team. The team needs to make some tough decisions to get better, IMHO.

We need a Manny Arceneaux, SJ Green, McDaniel-type receiver. We need a QB like Reilly or BLM, we need a MLB like Singleton. We have a long way to go.

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That may have been the worst quarter of playcalling by LaPo I've ever seen. That has to change.

"We'll look at the film and make the necessary adjustments". 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah but they've recruited a lot of successful DBs here so holding Carmichael against them isn't exactly fair, considering he's not the only rookie starting in the secondary right now and we are also missing 2 of our usual linebackers. The back end on D is patchwork right now, is it any wonder they're hit and miss? I would focus my recruiting talk much more on places like receiver because this group hasn't really dug up anyone spectacular there, though I did like the bit we saw from Thorpe against BC so maybe there is some hope there. 

I've heard you speak to Hall's schemes before and I think you were on the right track. With better schemes I think we get better results. I have seen enough of Hall's bend-but-don't-break defense. Scoring 42 and giving up 45 when you had a 2 TD lead just isn't good enough, injured players or not. Hall needs to go as soon as better is available.

29 minutes ago, J5V said:

I've heard you speak to Hall's schemes before and I think you were on the right track. With better schemes I think we get better results. I have seen enough of Hall's bend-but-don't-break defense. Scoring 42 and giving up 45 when you had a 2 TD lead just isn't good enough, injured players or not. Hall needs to go as soon as better is available.

When your O goes 2 and out all 1st and 4th quarter it makes it tough on the D. I mean in a league where a 300 yard passing game is average... Nichols was what? 260 ish. Its the O that is the real issue. 

If not for a punt block and fake FG... We lose by 17 or more instead of 3. 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

When your O goes 2 and out all 1st and 4th quarter it makes it tough on the D. I mean in a league where a 300 yard passing game is average... Nichols was what? 260 ish. Its the O that is the real issue. 

You forgot Jake's intercept that Knox scored on.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

The D gave up too much as well but the biggest problem is the offense going MIA for half a game. Gotta give the D a break every now and then. I trust Hall to make in game adjustments and we saw that towards the end when they did make stops they needed to. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I have a problem with this thinking. We lost by 3 in a football game that was back and forth. They had a lead...we had a lead. Plays were made.

So, you're saying that designed punt block was a fluke? And the fake FG? The offence didn't put points on the board?  And the Lions. They didn't benefit from some plays also?

No, the game was lost by 3 points.

All facets of the game failed at one point or another. The Offence, the defence and special teams.

The good news is all those non-executions are fixable.