Nichols Contract

B-F-F-C

I think it's pretty clear to see that Franklin is a lot more comparable to Collaros or Reilly than to Willy. Willy had a couple of mediocre starts with brief flashes of good play before coming to the Bombers. Reilly and Collaros had both shown the ability to dominate the opposition, much like Franklin has shown. I would not be uneasy in the least handing our starting QB position to Franklin. He is a stud.

13 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I think it's pretty clear to see that Franklin is a lot more comparable to Collaros or Reilly than to Willy. Willy had a couple of mediocre starts with brief flashes of good play before coming to the Bombers. Reilly and Collaros had both shown the ability to dominate the opposition, much like Franklin has shown. I would not be uneasy in the least handing our starting QB position to Franklin. He is a stud.

Yes, Reilly, with his whopping TWO starts with BC showed his domination. 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Collaros. 8 starts. 14 TDs 6 INTs. 98.4 QBR.

I wonder if they stopped at the Hall of Fame on their way to Edmonton/Hamilton?

By comparison.

Willy. 4 Starts. 9 TDs 5 INTs.

Fans are so deluded.

20 hours ago, JCon said:

Yeah, I remember Nicholls coming, later in the season, to a whole new system on a down team. He wasn't 'worse' than Willy.

Franklin is a huge gamble. But I think it would be a bigger gamble for the Esks to trade him. I don't know why they would (unless the deal included a first overall pick, an all-star HB, and another pick). No one gives that stuff up! :P

I don't know if Willy was overpaid. Hindsight is 20-20, and Walters built the contract on incentives. I think it was the appropriate deal based on what was known at the time.

Much later to a whole new system? it was the 7th game in...  Down team? you mean like this year he came in to an "up" team? He was worse then willy. Un questionably in 15 nichols was lesser. More yards per game, more tds per game less then half the picks etc etc. Nichols took a big step forward this year, and was better then any year of willy prior. But willy in 15 and before showed the ability to win games him self. Which isnt some thing we've had from nichols. 

If i was the esks id trade him and then sign a vet like glenn to back up. The hype around franklin is sooo high if he is any thing short of elite hes going to have been an over pay at this rate. 

Of the available qbs willy was left and we were on the verge of missing out. We couldnt afford to do that. It wasnt a desirable setting for a qb other then you were gonna be the starter. He paid what he had to and it didnt work out. The flashes he showed would have been worth while if he could have maintained it / stayed healthy / had a team around him. In the end the money we burned on him kept hope in the franchise, and ended up netting us a TON of return. It was an over pay but for one that didnt work out it couldnt have ended up better.