Waste of time ...

IC Khari

Most, if not all teams, go through a funk, i.e., losing streak during a season.

This is one of those times.

Obviously we need to break out of the funk sooner than later.

I am not ready to give up on this team just yet.

Look at the Oilers, lost five in a row (I wish it was more) and now they are back to winning consecutive games (which I want it to stop).

Difference is Oilers were above .500. 

Jets aren't. It's still early tho. 60 games to go... lots of time. 

I think maybe unrealistic expectations kicked in a bit... now with a depleted roster missing many many key players.. Reality kicking in. Reality is that the jets were a playoff bubble team with everyone healthy. Without? They aren't 

They'll never catch up. The season may have 60 games left but unless they go 45-15 from here on in they'll play the chase game the rest of the season just like last season & fail. Jets goaltending is just lousy & was overrated going into the season. None of the guys we have in net are capable of carrying the team. The prospects we have in our system haven't developed yet. Some of our veterans are not playing well & we have injury issues. Maurice can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. You can blame Paul Maurice all you like but some of this mess is on our GM as well.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They'll never catch up. The season may have 60 games left but unless they go 45-15 from here on in they'll play the chase game the rest of the season just like last season & fail. Jets goaltending is just lousy & was overrated going into the season. None of the guys we have in net are capable of carrying the team. The prospects we have in our system haven't developed yet. Some of our veterans are not playing well & we have injury issues. Maurice can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. You can blame Paul Maurice all you like but some of this mess is on our GM as well.

I don't see how it's on Chevy. I mean... guys getting hurt are on Chevy?  Cuz most nights I think the younger drafted and developed players have been pretty good. I don't know if there's a team in the league that could lose 2 top 4 D and 2 top centers plus how many top 9 wingers and do much better 

It's not like our injured players are 4th line scrubs... it's legit players... Little Perreault Armia stafford Even... Myers Enstrom... these aren't exactly scrubs here 

Edited by Goalie

GMs can't keep firing coaches because of mistakes the GM makes. We all know that. GMs usually have 2 head coaches they can fire before it's all dumped on them. For years now we've heard how the Jets supposedly have the best prospects playing in their system since 2013. So far, what have we seen? Most of them are playing on the Moose & aren't in a position to help us... yet. Maybe they will eventually (sure hope so) but the process is taking a long, long time. Meanwhile we don't build by trade or free agency so to be able to draft correctly is ultra important to get it right. I'm hoping that the draft prospects start working out & soon but it doesn't look like it this season. If Chevy cans Maurice it may be the last head coaching fire & hire that he does for the Jets.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Chevy will be here many years after Maurice is gone. I don't think you really understand what the Jets are doing. Drafting and Developing takes time. Especially when your prospect cupboard was empty not long ago. 

The oilers got a franchise player and finished worse than the Jets last year. Buffalo finished about the same as the Jets. These rebuilds take time. Toews and Kane weren't superstars in year 1. It takes time. Chevy will be here for as long as he wants to be. Not 1 expert expected the Jets to make the playoffs this season. Not 1. Vegas odds makers didn't expect them to either. 

They were expected to be a playoff bubble team with a healthy roster and probably still will be a playoff bubble team when it's all said and done this season 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Chevy will be here many years after Maurice is gone. I don't think you really understand what the Jets are doing. Drafting and Developing takes time. Especially when your prospect cupboard was empty not long ago. 

The oilers got a franchise player and finished worse than the Jets last year. Buffalo finished about the same as the Jets. These rebuilds take time. Toews and Kane weren't superstars in year 1. It takes time. Chevy will be here for as long as he wants to be. Not 1 expert expected the Jets to make the playoffs this season. Not 1. Vegas odds makers didn't expect them to either. 

They were expected to be a playoff bubble team with a healthy roster and probably still will be a playoff bubble team when it's all said and done this season 

I probably don't. I am not as knowledgeable as you when it comes to the Jets. I read your posts & you are certainly clued into the team on a day to day basis a lot more than I am. I just know the team isn't performing well. Goaltending & injuries seem to be the big issue.  I just think it's unfair to solely lay the blame at the feet of Paul Maurice.  That's all I really have to say. I could be totally wrong.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Well... when on your 5 game losing skid you score 6 goals in total... Goaltending isn't the problem. 

Jets scored 1 goal in 4 games and 2 vs Philly.  You can't and won't win games if you can't score more than 1 or 2 goals a game. 

Today? Sure. Jets were dominated and helle stood on his head .... don't care if it's price Lundqvist Holtby whoever.... they can't stand on their head every game. Helle is good. Hopefully the O starts to score more tho. If they do... they will win more. I personally don't think goaltending is even a top 3 problem on the team 

I think in no particular order 

Penalties 

PP 

Defense 

And Coach are the real issues