World Series

Goalie

34 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not just questionable managing of the pitching,  (i think) it was Javier Baez for the cubs, you got man on 3rd, 1 out, just hit a homer your last at bat, full count and you attempt to bunt after swinging for the fences your first 2 strikes??  I havent played baseball for a while, but bunting on 2 strikes is a no no

I assume Baez was told to bunt.... 

I also thought it was a bad move to pull Hendricks so soon and to put Chapman back out after his terrible inning of hell.  

I could only imagine how choked up Chicago fans were feeling after they tied the game. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I assume Baez was told to bunt.... 

I also thought it was a bad move to pull Hendricks so soon and to put Chapman back out after his terrible inning of hell.  

I could only imagine how choked up Chicago fans were feeling after they tied the game. 

it was Lester who got pulled, not Hendricks, but yeah, they pulled him too early.

26 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

it was Lester who got pulled, not Hendricks, but yeah, they pulled him too early.

I thought they pulled Hendricks to early,   they had Lester warming up for 2 innings and to me it seemed like they jumped to it way to soon.   Lester comes in and then screws up and throws a wild pitch and coughs up 2 runs.      Hendricks was pitching great and if not for some fielding errors and a few questionable umpire calls the guy would of even put up better numbers.   I think his pitch count was only around 50 also.  

He could of went at least the next inning or so.

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I thought they pulled Hendricks to early,   they had Lester warming up for 2 innings and to me it seemed like they jumped to it way to soon.   Lester comes in and then screws up and throws a wild pitch and coughs up 2 runs.      Hendricks was pitching great and if not for some fielding errors and a few questionable umpire calls the guy would of even put up better numbers.   I think his pitch count was only around 50 also.  

He could of went at least the next inning or so.

ok yeah now that I read your post again I see what you meant.  Totally agree Hendricks should have stayed in.

23 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Hard to believe that there is no one on earth alive who saw the Cubs win their last World Series.  I really hope that its not 2098 before the Bombers win their next Grey Cup...

On the news, I saw a 108 year old woman in Chicago in a senior's residence who said she's very happy the Cubs won.

13 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

ok yeah now that I read your post again I see what you meant.  Totally agree Hendricks should have stayed in.

Hendricks was up to around 93 pitches when they took him out but I think he could have finished off that inning & Maddon put in Lester too soon. Chapman was really struggling & almost lost the game for the Cubs. Will Indian fans now look to the sky & curse everytime it rains?

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

On the news, I saw a 108 year old woman in Chicago in a senior's residence who said she's very happy the Cubs won.

yeah I think she was two months old when they won, so while she was alive, she wouldn't have "seen" the win or even known what was going on at the time.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hendricks was up to around 93 pitches when they took him out but I think he could have finished off that inning & Maddon put in Lester too soon. Chapman was really struggling & almost lost the game for the Cubs. Will Indian fans now look to the sky & curse everytime it rains?

Better to be ahead of things ask Grady Little if he would of liked to pull Pedro earlier in 2003. Had a lefty who had really struggled against Lester Santana on first who was not going anywhere. If they make the play on Kipnis dribbler no one is talking about it. Chapman with one of the most gutty performances I have ever seen. Those three outs in 9th were all smoke and mirrors. Like Joe said these are great players and they will make plays.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

His pitch count was 63,   he had only given up 4 hits and walked only 1 batter.      

Chapman worked 1.1 inning and had 35 pitches....  yet they kept him in. 

Hendricks could of pitched at least another 2 innings.....