Game 11 : Copp's Comeback @ Crapitals

12 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

So Copp and Dano finally get a shot on the 4th line.  The strange thing is Tanev has moved up to the 2nd line and Laine will drop to the 3rd with Lowry and Armia.

Hmmm that seems weird.  Maybe Maurice feeling like Laine needs to have his TOI managed.  The thing about Maurice, if I have to be critical, he almost seems to out-smart himself.  His answer to why Laine isnt on the #1 PP was just goofy.

However, Laine with Lowry and Armia could be dynamite.

He doesn't want to break up Laine and Armia....I am okay with this line.

If we can call up another player from the Moose, why don't we?

Give Roslo or De Leo or Lemieux or someone a couple of bigger paydays and let them get a sniff of what it is like in the big leagues. I would call up Roslo and see what he does against 3rd and 4th line centers. A three game road trip would be the ideal time to do it.

So, what are the lines?

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hmmm that seems weird.  Maybe Maurice feeling like Laine needs to have his TOI managed.  The thing about Maurice, if I have to be critical, he almost seems to out-smart himself.  His answer to why Laine isnt on the #1 PP was just goofy.

However, Laine with Lowry and Armia could be dynamite.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the self-destruction of the ultimate Maurice......

The print and radio guys have been much more critical of him this season and he seems to have been snappy when they ask the obvious questions  (Why Burmi is still playing,  Why have Dano on the bench,  Laine and the power play). 

He gets a tonne of credit because he has coached so many games in the NHL.... however on the same note it isn't like he has an incredibly high record of sustained success.   He gets a free pass this season but I wonder what happens next year if they don't improve...

He gets snappy because he's a smart guy who thinks he's even smarter.  Thats the way I see him.  Hes very analytical and I think he's an attractive coach when you're trying to develop a team because he probably has a wealth of knowledge.  But his answers sometimes seem overly complicated.  Like if he ever dressed a player based on the alignment of certain stars in the sky, it wouldnt surprise me.  Just let your best players play.

On the other hand, he stuck with Mathias-Lowry-Armia and they have been very good and Lowry is bouncing back really well.  Morrissey is doing very well. 

So...hard to say.  He's paid the big bucks to know better than us.

No point of Roslo on the 4th line playing 7 minutes.  Copp even said his role on the Moose was to work on faceoffs and offensive part of his game but that "it wont be my role tonight".  So the reason Copp was sent down was to play more minutes and become a better player.  Same with Roslo.  No need to stunt his development with 4th line minutes if you dont have to.

Lol. 

The Lowry line is the number 2 line for sure. 

Why you breaking down minutes Ducky?  The game hasn't started. I'd be surprised if the copp line gets 9 minutes.

People can go on about Lowry also but just cuz he's scored 1 goal and is better at faceoff doesn't mean much. 

Lowry playing on the 1st PP and getting the first or 2nd most center minutes will be the end of Maurice 

It's basically armia doing all the work setting up Lowry or Mathias there only for them to do nothing. Armia is the man on that line.... the other 2(Lowry and Mathias) were just along for the ride. 

Edited by Goalie