How Much Rope Should Paul Maurice Get?

IC Khari

37 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Now, there's a brilliant idea. Let's fire the GM that inherited next to nothing and has stocked the system with the best prospects in the league.....brilliant....sure am glad you aren't Chevy's boss...unbelievable.

Best prospects in the league according to fans and media doesn't actually mean best prospects in the league.  And until they prove it in the pros, they're just prospects.

But I guess having a great prospect pool is better than winning.  I forgot about that part.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

You lack patience...

Rumor has it that Chevy is about to be extended.

Extended???  For what??  What has he accomplished??  Zero playoff wins in 5 years and a "great prospect pool" ??  Every team has a great prospect pool until they make it to the NHL and you start to see which team ACTUALLY had the great prospects.  So far we've got Scheifele, Laine, Morrissey, and a bunch of undersized AHL regulars.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Hell of a draft record, tho...

Why?  Because all the prospects are still breathing?  We've drafted 2 players in 5 years who have had any level of professional success (Scheifele, Trouba).  Maybe add 2 more this year in Laine and Morrissey but I'm not giving Chevy credit for Laine, that was a pick any idiot could have made, and he got it via lottery.

Ya cuz it's Chevy putting thorburn out with 3 42 to go down by 2. 

It's Chevy who puts burmi up with scheif and Wheeler but leaves the one man armia essentially on the 4th line. 

Yup. 

The talent is there.... we just got a coach who is stuck in a very old school mentality.