3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

19 hours ago, johnzo said:

I like Mayo as the first guy off the bench -- I don't think you can start him at the expense of a healthy D. Adams.

And echoing DoD -- loved Sheppard and Kohlert's downfield blocking on Harris' dagger touchdown run. They totally erased their men from the play. I think you'd have to go back to Adarius Bowman to see Bomber receivers blocking like that.

Corey Watson was, and still is, one of the best... but I agree there was a nice display of teamwork on that run...

On 2016-08-28 at 7:10 AM, comedygeek said:

I can't remember which drive it was, but there was one where Nichols ended up throwing it to the corner in front of the end zone for an incompletion (potential interception) and on the replay I saw Kohlert WIDE OPEN up the middle just waiting for the pass that surely would've been a TD. We settled for one of our 6 FGs on that drive.

Point is, I'm sure there were other situations where Kohlert ran the right routes and got open and just didn't get the ball thrown his way. It seems LaPo doesn't have him in their plans as much as I think he deserves -- but hey, if he's contributing in other ways and the team is happy with him overall, then all's good, because he deserves to be there. Even without the stats of late, I still think he's one of the best National receivers in the league.

The ghost of Jamie Stoddard

Some have mentioned it but I have to tip my hat to Johnny Adams. Carter had 3-27 and was invisible all night.

Glenn uses him as a prayer often, just chucking it up and seeing him go get it. The fact that he didn't feel comfortable doing that when MTL was desperate at the end speaks volumes as to what Johnny Adams brings. I understand the excitement around our secondary when we were at 3 wins but those suggesting that Adams shouldn't be given his spot back from Roberts/Frederick need to look at what he did tonight (and all fo last year) to see why.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was in the NFL next year, the dude is special.