Rifles Ritchott Runs for 358 Yards

wbbfan

The Rifles and other iterations of CJFL teams have played in smaller venues like Rods Field and had the same or less support.  There are a number of venues in the city that would be smaller than IGF, like East Side, Rods, Nomads, but I'm sure it's more attractive to players to play in the big stadium with better facilities.  That's probably more important than getting a couple hundred more people out.

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

My feeling has always been that although PFC teams with CFL stadiums use them for home games, they really need 2-3,000 seat stadiums to create an atmosphere that is fun & where the home team has the advantage because of the crowd. In the PFC it's nothing but empty seats in Regina, Winnipeg & Calgary. there is no 'home field advantage". Sure, in CFL cities junior football is waaay down the list of things to do & the local media doesn't care but the empty massive stadiums for PFC home games just drives the point home to people that junior football is something definitely not cool to watch when truthfully it is. That is unfortunate.

yeah, its kind of like the position the Als used to be in. Playing every game in the ex stadium where even a good crowd was swallowed. I wonder if we could do some thing like having them play before bomber games (like several hours before) and making it a day long tail gate thing. 

Probably too much hassle and work for the blue. I think the fan support leads to much stronger teams in the long run though. 

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Rifles and other iterations of CJFL teams have played in smaller venues like Rods Field and had the same or less support.  There are a number of venues in the city that would be smaller than IGF, like East Side, Rods, Nomads, but I'm sure it's more attractive to players to play in the big stadium with better facilities.  That's probably more important than getting a couple hundred more people out.

The Rifles will play their final regular season home game at the Nomads facility this year.   The reason is that IGF is prepping for the Heritage Classic, so the Rifles are being moved out.   

A thousand fans in a 3,000 seat facility still looks better & has much more fun atmosphere than a thousand at IGF. Other than decent locker rooms what else does junior football really need. compared to what they used to have? The Rifles were housed out of a trailer underneath the north grandstand for years at Canad Inns Stadium. They also used an auxiliary locker room under the west side where I'm sure black mould was present the way it leaked from the stands above. I remember having to go in there for a parents meeting & it was a cold, dank & disgusting place.