what matt nichols needs to win

wbbfan

I'd like to see a commitment to the running game tonight. Harris is clearly the best offensive talent the Bombers have and it'd be nice it Lapo found some ways to use him effectively. I'm not talking about sending him between the tackles again and again. Finding a way to get him into space with pitches and swing passes (maybe a successful screen pass God willing) would give the defence something to think about, rather than letting them send guys after Nichols all game long. 

23 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

I would add that Nichols needs help from Jesus.

18 minutes ago, tracker said:

Fixed that for you.

amazing.gif

With all the problems of our O-line, Nichols cannot be a sitting duck, and Harris ought to be a big part of the answer- swing passes, shovel passes, flares and so forth to keep the D-linemen, linebackers and d-backs from pinning their ears back and coming after Nichols all night. Nichols might even have to take off a couple of times early on.

4 minutes ago, BattleLevel said:

I'd like to see a commitment to the running game tonight. Harris is clearly the best offensive talent the Bombers have and it'd be nice it Lapo found some ways to use him effectively. I'm not talking about sending him between the tackles again and again. Finding a way to get him into space with pitches and swing passes (maybe a successful screen pass God willing) would give the defence something to think about, rather than letting them send guys after Nichols all game long. 

This is the most puzzling thing about Lapo's offense so far. I hate the way he has used Harris. 

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

And do you know what Jesus' favourite gun is? .....................A nail gun.

What's the difference between Jesus and a picture of Jesus?

Only takes one nail to hang the picture.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

and it holds true whether you use Burris or Harris as the starter in Ottawa. 

Upon reflection however, I guess it's really not right to include Ricky Ray since he was developed by Edmonton. Still though, the bulk of qbs are coming from only a couple places. 

What are the odds of that in an 8 team (9 very recently) league. Oh... actually pretty good.

Well, he did a great job of getting rid of the ball quickly. And ate a sack where he easily could have tried to force some thing. We scored 2 tds in the red zone, but really kicked far too many FGs. Made a lot of good decisions, only forced the ball a couple times. Missed a couple guys but was very effective and drove the field. Some how we still really lacked production in the 3rd quarter.

He didnt get a ton of help from plops play calling. A lot of the old hat calls. The OL played a monster game though. Best of the whole year. We seem to have found our starting OL. Though edmonton is dead last in qb sacks in the cfl. The D didnt rack up the turn overs, but a few guys came up with some huge plays and played solid till we went to prevent.