Everything posted by bearpants
-
Twitter & GIF's
Maybe the MODs can somehow just pin this answer somewhere so anyone can review it when needed?
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
I guess they had to give Montreal something... since half of their writers think they'll win.
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
I highly doubt the Bombers care much about this... but I got a kick out of the CFL writers splitting the prediction... I'm glad they did... please keep doubting the Bombers... https://www.cfl.ca/2023/11/15/prediction-time-cfl-ca-writers-110th-grey-cup-picks/ the media is trying so hard to sell us on the Als being complete in all three phases.... I guess they're just completely ignored the offense for the past 2 months
-
East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes
This is basically how everyone is justifying it... because the stats don't back up him being the best... I'd rank Kelly 3rd, at best, this year behind Collaros and Adams.
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
I thought it was pretty accidental... he tripped over Lawler's feet and his foot kicked up... and without the foot there, it's a TD Having re-watched a bunch of the game... I didn't realize live how much Adams was Fajardo-ing out there... just leaning into that injury as much as possible... just so everyone knows how much of a warrior he is... Suitor was lapping it up
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
this was a great read, Thanks @SpeedFlex27.... the old school days were wild... imagine Dru Brown realizes he's not going to unseat Zach as the starter so he just goes and becomes an all-star DB... though I guess TSN thinks he plays there...
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
despite being pissed off about the play… I was happy to hear on the live call Dustin say “a lucky bounce and it falls to Mcinnis” or something to that effect
-
Grey Cup - Game Week Thread
“Feasted” would be a strong characterization… yes they had 2 pick sixes in the last meeting… but our O also put up 6 TDs against them in that game… as others have mentioned… the key to winning this game is playing clean on offense and don’t let their defense/ST beat us
-
East Final GDT - Argonauts vs Alouettes
This is exactly what I was thinking too… if you’re the Argo fan the concern is that Kelly failed miserably with a supremely talented team around him… next year he needs to carry this team… can he do it or will his contract become a major anchor?
-
3 stars plus hh bc sucks bombers back to the gc
If you’re throwing in prukop from the three… just bring in the jumbo package and go short yardage… I’m 100% convinced they would’ve scored on two attempts, if not one either that or leave the regular offense out… no need for overthinking that
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
Haha, yes epic would be nice… but obviously they were better than “just fine” last night.
-
GDT - Western Final - Bombers vs Lions
Offense yes… we need a better performance from them next week… but the roster complaints generally revolved around why Jackson is playing when we could be using that DA to bolster the D… I’m thinking the D was just fine last night
-
3 stars plus hh bc sucks bombers back to the gc
Haba would be nice… I’m thinking Rose will check in for Biggie... but I guess in terms of opponent, more D-line might be the better strategic play
-
Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
I get and agree with your point... but I can't imagine we make a significant roster change after using a similar weekly lineup in a 14-4 season... To my limited knowledge, a Canadian FB with the extra DA on defense seems to make way more sense... but I don't see it happening and I'll have to concede to the experts and hope they are right.
-
East Final - Game Week Thread
I mean, any given Sunday (Saturday) and all.... but I just don't see any way Montreal wins this game... or there are multiple things that need to happen... (1) Toronto has to be really rusty.... (2) Mtl needs to get an early lead... (3) Mtl needs to defend the lead with run game (including Fajardo scrambles) and defense... should be an easy W for the Argos.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
good to know... it was the OP's suggestion that he was out of the league because no one wanted him... I didn't see it that way
-
Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I agree with you and I trust his football knowledge more than most here... but he, himself, said it was purely speculation... where is that speculation coming from?... gut feeling?... if there was any smoke to this, someone from the media would've said something by now... I'm not saying it won't happen... it just feels like nothing right now
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
maybe Green Day will play it at half time and dedicate it to Coach O... I think it's a little soon to say he'll never be heard from again... it's only been two years and he's only 46 years old... If any team is looking for a DC next year, he'll definitely be on the list.
-
2023 CFL ALL STAR Fan Selections
I don't totally disagree with the selection... I just thought the justification was a joke... and assuming his contract didn't carry over (bc that would obviously effect the roster composition)... the Argos would be an even better team with Collaros as QB
-
2023 CFL ALL STAR Fan Selections
To quickly summarize the justification for Chad Kelly: the stats show he's clearly not the best QB in the league... but his team was really good so we'll give him the nod by default
-
Week of BC Lions at Winnipeg - Western Final Edition
I get your point but at some point it gets so cold, it levels out... at -25 both teams will be uncomfortable... like we saw in 2021 against Sask... game was closer than it should've been because of the cold... something around -5 is perfect... enough to make BC shiver while Wpg will be in their comfort zone.
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Not only does Calgary need to run the ball to have any shot... they need to be able to get an early lead... if BC gets down early they are going to rely even more on the home run shots... because they don't have much else for offense... Calgary needs to control ball possession, maintain the lead, and defensively win 50/50s at about a 75/25 rate.... that said, I still think BC wins fairly easily
-
CFL Award Nominee Finalists
it's too bad I can specifically remember our three non-offense touchdowns... Grant vs Sask, Houston vs Cgy, and Biggie vs Edm... would prefer to have so many, I can't possibly remember them all won't somebody please think of the knockdowns!!
-
CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
The award is "most outstanding Offensive Lineman"... not most outstanding lineman
-
CFL Award Nominee Finalists
Who I think will win... Kelly, Betts, Oliveira, Hardrick, Leake, Stiggers, Dinwiddie.... so 4 Argos, 2 Bombers, and 1 Lion... makes sense based on teams records...