Everything posted by Blueandgold
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I was on board with this. Then I started thinking, I love the cold weather and snow games. To me, those are a big part of Canada and the CFL. I’m not sure I’d be as interested in a post season that takes place without any snow on the ground.
-
2018 CFL Draft
You have to think we’ll need to strongly consider going after a receiver if there isn’t a must have O-linemen available.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
There’s no way that the Riders would’ve re-signed him and given him a big signing bonus if they knew about his situation. Thats what makes it all better.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Medlock needs to be a lot better this year than he was last year. I don’t think you cut bait with him yet, but it’s not nearly as ridiculous of an idea as some here are suggesting.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Regardless of whether or not you have Fogg dressing, we’re going to have an import DB as DI. I really think we need Muamba. We need Flanders dressing and a DB, DI, LB, and a kicker as our DI’s.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Flanders will be dressing one would have to assume. Unless we sign Muamba, in which case we can start Flanders.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Jake Thomas still hasn’t signed anywhere yet has he? Kind of surprising considering he’s a competent Canadian.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Shell, and not a defender but Romby.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
We have JSK & Wild to play at WIL. Why would we move Loffler there?
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Agreed. The problem is, if we do need to create salary cap space I can't think of many other potential causalities. Going back to an import at guard and cutting Neufeld could be a solution, but the Bombers seem to really like Patty. I'm not sure who else could be on the chopping block.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Stronson, Rotor, BSD, Rdavidson all think they’re a lot smarter than they actually are. Any move the Riders make is a good move, regardless of their previous thoughts on the topic. I still remember when Stronson was celebrating the fact that Walters and O’Shea got three year extensions, claiming that it was “great for the Riders”.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Popp who cut Henoc for Vaughn Martin, who subsequently lasted half a year before never being heard from again.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
It sounds like they need to shed more salary too. Crazy.
-
So who won free agency?
I never would’ve guessed that Demski would be our highest paid free agent. Until we get Muambas name on a contract that is.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Muamba to the Bombers makes too much sense to not happen.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I’ll even get over losing Bond if we sign Muamba (but in a sad twist of fate, Muamba would allow us to still start an American guard. ) But, Flanders could stay as a starting receiver over the likes of Coates if we have a second NI on D. I like it a lot. A good Canadian MLB would fill two huge needs at once. I really hope we can get him.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Whisper in Henoc’s ear that he has 200K waiting for him here.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Do you think Randle makes less than 150K? I highly doubt that.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Campbell's deal doesn’t seem bad. He was rumoured to be close to a deal with Calgary at the same price. Jake Harty is also making slightly less than we paid Demski. It’s still an overpay, but if he’s going to be a starting Canadian it’s not a horrible deal.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Well, given all of the NFL washouts on that roster he may be the starting QB. Wouldn't Montreal kill to have Kevin Glenn, Brandon Bridge, or Vernon Adams right now? I don’t understand why they didn’t make a play for any of the available Quarterbacks.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
I'm surprised that we didn't have more interest in bringing him back. He could've competed with Coates for a starting job if we're planning on going with two Canadians at receiver.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
Matt Bucknor is still starting at corner in BC I believe. Gabriel also made some starts. But you're right, since Sanchez retired there hasn't been many options there.
-
Bomber Moves 2018
The only one of those DB's who can play on even a rotational basis is Derek Jones, and he's better suited to play safety.
-
Free Agency Week - News Central
Messam to the Riders. Im happy to see them spend their money on players like him.
-
Around The League: 2018 Offseason
Doesn’t Montreal literally not have a QB right now? Are they honestly banking on starting Freeman or trading for Manziel?