Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

New Japan put tickets for their March 25th Long Beach, California show on sale. 

The site immediately crashed creating a delay.

No matches were announced.

Its two weeks before WM.

They sold out 5000 seats in 20 minutes. 

Not bad!

I hope they do a run of shows in the US sometime. I'd go to Chicago in a heartbeat.

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Of the old names you mean?   Cause she was far from the best of all the women. But for the past names I could see her sticking around.  

Trish, Beth and Molly all looked good too. Kelly Kelly “looked” amazing but worked about as well as she did before which wasn’t that great. But she looks like she hasn’t aged a day. 

They should introduce a women’s tag title. 

Impressive of all the former women wrestlers. McCool did a helluva job, She could still hold her own even though she's been away for a few years. I thought. Asuka is going to injure someone with her moves. That move on the rope with one of the Bella twins was insane.

They’re filming a documentary about women wrestling which was part of the reason for so many names from the past. 

Also announced a womens Elimination Chamber.  With Ronda on board they are going to push their women hard. It would not surprise me if Ronda’s match is on last at wm. Or Asuka/Charlotte but probably ronda. 

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Asuka is very safe. Sasha tho is a huge botch artist. Almost broke her neck tonight catching her feet on a dive. 

TUP: WWE been pushing the women hard now for months. 

Lol yes they have.  As you’ll recall I suggested they planned to have a women’s rumble several weeks ago when they brought up a number of women at once.  

The point being the Rumble, being the main event, elimination chamber and Ronda are all about featuring the women in an even greater spotlight.   This all dovetails to signing Ronda and going into TV negotiations.  

I don’t think Sasha has anything to worry about. She has had heat for being reckless but I don’t think she’s going anywhere anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sasha not going anywhere for sure. 

Shes showing signs of a heel turn tho..  As is Cena altho i doubt that happens but man hes showing signs of turning in my opinion

Yeah they should have turned Sasha awhile back.  They wait too long.  Cena was close once, they even made new gear for him.  I think the crowd annoys him sometimes, that might be why he acts that way.  I thought he looks pissed off in the Rumble with the crowd.

Roode's opponent was originally Adam Cole but they changed it rather than have Cole lose a short match.

And WWE has apparently hired Jeremy Borash who was an original member of TNA from day one.  Im not sure the role but he was credited as one of the creative drivers of Broken Matt in TNA, so maybe he'll have a hand in that.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah they should have turned Sasha awhile back.  They wait too long.  Cena was close once, they even made new gear for him.  I think the crowd annoys him sometimes, that might be why he acts that way.  I thought he looks pissed off in the Rumble with the crowd.

Both cena and roman looked pissed with the crowd. These guys must not pay attention cuz they are boo'd weekly... Cena not as much but still he should know Philly is a smart wrestling town who doesn't want to see the same old ****. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Both cena and roman looked pissed with the crowd. These guys must not pay attention cuz they are boo'd weekly... Cena not as much but still he should know Philly is a smart wrestling town who doesn't want to see the same old ****. 

I was surprised because he's long gotten over it.  When the crowd first turned on him it bothered him greatly, then they decided to embrace the "whacky fans having fun".   But they definitely seemed unhappy.  There was one moment when it was Cena vs Roman face to face with Nak & Balor selling on the canvas.  Cena looked pissed and yelled something a couple of times (I caught the word "now") and Nak and Balor jumped them.  I think he was angry with the chant and wanted to be cut off sooner rather than stand there and soak it in.

They should have embraced it and had Roman eliminate every one the crowd loved.

The best part of the Rumble was the booking at the end.  Those four were perfect.  Balor as the iron man (which the crowd always loves), Nak (who they wanted to win) and Cena & Roman as two guys they absolutely hated but could see winning. 

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There was one moment when it was Cena vs Roman face to face with Nak & Balor selling on the canvas.  Cena looked pissed and yelled something a couple of times (I caught the word "now") and Nak and Balor jumped them.  I think he was angry with the chant and wanted to be cut off sooner rather than stand there and soak it in.

I noticed that too.  My thoughts exactly.

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The best part of the Rumble was the booking at the end.  Those four were perfect.  Balor as the iron man (which the crowd always loves), Nak (who they wanted to win) and Cena & Roman as two guys they absolutely hated but could see winning. 

True.  And that makes me wonder why Cena and Roman were surprised by the reaction.  WWE obviously booked it that way to get the crowd all pissed off before Nak's win.  They had to know Philly would boo Cena/Roman relentlessly.

Next Year's WrestleMania will be in New Jersey (or as WWE calls it "New York" lol).  Unconfirmed but thats the story making the rounds.  Philly and Detroit were considered as well.

Minnesota has been on the short list for awhile too.  Im not sure they see it as a great "tourist" city though.  And you know they're going to Vegas as soon as that stadium is built.

This years Rumble was booked by Michael Hayes, Jamie Noble and Vince.  Which is noteworthy because it was well put together.  Pat Patterson was the originator of the Rumble and for years, put it together even after he retired, he'd come back to help with the Rumble.  Maybe Jamie Noble is a secret genius.

For the record, Dave Meltzer gave Almas/Gargano 5 Stars.

Early WrestleMania Card looks like:

Brock vs Roman - Universal Championship

AJ vs Nak - World Championship

Ronda & Partner (They want Rocky) vs Steph & Hunter

Blizz vs Jax - RAW Women's Championship

Charlotte vs Asuka - SD Women's Championsihip

Miz vs Braun - IC title

Cena vs Undertaker

Finals of the Cruiserweight tournament.

And a few others (Seth vs Jordan maybe but Jordan has a neck injury that might be serious).  I'd suspect Owens/Zayn vs Usos as it would be really good.