Winnipeg Restaurants

The Unknown Poster

This looks weird cause I copied it from another site  but it's my review!

Canadian Brewhouse is open. I went there last night. Very much a sports bar style place with the focus being a large Cheers-style island Bar in the middle of the place and seating around the perimeter. 

It was packed. A very buzzy loud atmosphere. I imagine it would be a bit quieter for lunch. Felt a bit claustrophobic with it being jammed but I liked it. Lots of TV's. Bunch of the red goal lights. Tons of staff 

Food was good beloved the burger. It was $22 so it better be good. Only had bottled beer but they had some special where you take the tankard home as many were doing. 

Good place for a bunch of buddies. Id go back. 

They are doing shuttles to jets games for free. There and back. 

And during nfl season they have speakers you can plcr at your table to listen to your choice of game as you watch on the TV's. I imagine the patio will be a lot of fun as it over looks their little man made lake

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

It's standard chain restaurant fair. They have them all over. Food is basic pub grub and the beer menu is full of Molson Coors garbage. Gotta go to more indie places to find something different. 

Well thank goodness youre here! I was this close to liking it based on my own opinion. Close call. 

Don't get me wrong, I like pub grub a lot. We spend a lot of time at places like Original Joe's, Montana's, and various faux-Scottish/English pubs that populate Calgary, but we're trying to go to brew pubs more... Places with better beer. 

On 2/21/2016 at 9:19 PM, Noeller said:

Don't get me wrong, I like pub grub a lot. We spend a lot of time at places like Original Joe's, Montana's, and various faux-Scottish/English pubs that populate Calgary, but we're trying to go to brew pubs more... Places with better beer. 

That makes sense.  Im not a beer person.  They rattled off their specials and on tops and I said "Michelob Ultra, bottle".  But I really did enjoy their burger.  And my buddy liked his sandwich (cant remember what it was).  I enjoy OJ's too though the food is sort of that "tastes great, regret it later" sort of fare.

The girlfriend and I were talking about the food at CB and can't understand why people would think the food was so great. Even by pub-grub standards, it's "standard" at best...or the Red Deer one is, at least, and I assume they're all identical with the same re-heated food.

I only tried the one in GP, it was fresh, we started off with one of those mixed platter starters then i ordered a steak n mash, kinda reminded me of Moxies I thought if im remembering correctly - food wise

really nice lively venue too with lots of sports on everywhere that aspect reminded me of Boston pizza atmosphere but held at a classier place

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Taynted - just opened beside Mongos on Kenaston in the old Los Chicos building. They really gutted the place though. It's compeltely different. 

Move only been once so I can't speak to multiple menu items. Had steak bites which were "ok" to tide me over. The ones at Chop are better and bigger pieces of meat.  Had the John Candy burger. Really enjoyed the taste. Tasted like a really good BBQ, very juicy. I made quite the mess. 

i was with a buddy to chat so the environment was a bit buzzy for us but for sure going to watch a game or going with friends for fun would be a great experience.  It was very busy. Packed. They take your name for waiting for a table and text you when it's ready.  Lots of staff on too. 

However they had lots of nhl jerseys hanging but not a single Jets item. I didn't go hunting so maybe I missed the jets wall but I did remark to buddy "hmmm no jets stuff".