Big Bad Baby Bears @ Hopeful Jets

IC Khari

Like I said.... oh well. I'm looking forward to the draft. 

Floyd... those are all coaching issues. 

I agree hellebuyck is playing 2 much. He's a rookie for God's sake. Ehlers worked his way up. As did Armia. They aren't the issues. It's coaching.  Maurice is part of the problem and might be the biggest problem 

Edited by Goalie

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Like I said.... oh well. I'm looking forward to the draft. 

Floyd... those are all coaching issues. 

I agree hellebuyck is playing 2 much. He's a rookie for God's sake. Ehlers worked his way up. As did Armia. They aren't the issues. It's coaching.  Maurice is part of the problem and might be the biggest problem 

Maurice did not forget how to coach in one off-season...

I really think Frolik, Slater and Stemps departure and their replacement with guys who didnt earn anything - Burmi, Copp, Ehlers, etc... - cast a shadow over this team.  Jets hard-working, over-achieving rep disappeared this year...  not saying that Ehlers, Copp shouldnt be on the team but they should have earned their spot the way Armia has...  the way Lowry did.

I mean starting the season with Thorburn, Ehlers, Burmistrov was ridiculous.  No one can coach that.

You guys know inconsistency and special teams have done this team in this year.

Armia has been on the PK a lot coming up and I would love to see him and his long frame and stick out at the point. Maurice should move Staf to the Lowry line and Armia to Staf's spot. Perreault Scheifele Armia might not be too bad.

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

You guys know inconsistency and special teams have done this team in this year.

Armia has been on the PK a lot coming up and I would love to see him and his long frame and stick out at the point. Maurice should move Staf to the Lowry line and Armia to Staf's spot. Perreault Scheifele Armia might not be too bad.

Your first point.... that's coaching.

I agree with the PSA line

I like Maurice as a coach but... he has a tendency to throw his rookies under the bus a little too much and stick up for his vets too much.

Excellent example of that is Stuart or Thorburn, goes to great lengths to defend them. Then you look at his comments last night after the game about Hellebuyck and he basically threw him under the bus. Maurice, as much as some may not want to admit it, he's a career .500 coach, He's not the best coach, he's not the worst, he's average. There are plenty of coaches better than him. The fact is, Maurice was out of coaching in the NHL for many years, he was passed over by multiple teams multiple times. I like him but I'm not sure he's the right coach for the Job. If this team continues to suck next season, Maurice will be let go. It's that simple and that's pretty it for him coaching in the NHL then. 

I like the guy but he does a lot of things that makes you question him. And don't tell me that Frolik Stemp and whoever else from last year makes this team go from bottom 5 to playoff contender cuz that's a load of crap. 

Buff,Wheeler and the rookies have been our best players this year and it's not even close.. by rookies i will also include Scheif eventho he is not a rookie but on a nightly basis, when the team is doing well, it's not guys like Ladd stepping up or even Little, who is having a down year himself, it's Ehlers, It's Scheif.. It's Wheeler, It's Buff, and it's Helle stealing games the Jets have no business winning. 

Edited by Goalie