Game 36 : Dead Things @ Jets

Jets were out played big time... Only reason they won is Helle..

Problems still there, Too many penalties still and just a lack of execution really.... If Mrazek played the whole game for Detroit, this one is way closer...

Helle the only reason it was 4-1. Easily could have been 6 7- 4 detroit. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

This team as it currently sits tho... it's not a playoff team.. It's a damn pick 8-12th again team and that's the worst that could happen actually. 

I agree.  Philosophically, I cant approve of tanking.  Realistically though, the GM can make reasonable decisions for the future of the franchise that have the net effect of likely making the Jets lose more games.  ie. trading their UFA's for pics/prospects.  Now along comes Helle to mess it all up.  The only "good news" if good news is tanking is that, as you say, they really have little choice but to send Helle back to the Moose.  The other options are waiving Hutch or trading Hutch or Pavs and I dont really see either.  Maybe a trade involving Hutch for a 3rd or 4th rounder to a team wanting some goalie insurance. 

I don't think Hutch has much value, I think Pav has more value than Hutch... especially if the Jets could retain part of his salary for his final season next year. 

I don't think Hutch gets you much back at all, Quite honestly, I'd be somewhat surprised if they put him on waivers and someone picked him up... I just don't think they go that route and i personally don't think they will send Helle down, Helle is now the starter on this team, he's the best goalie they have, healthy or not healthy and it's not close. 

I'm not sure what they do, maybe they can send PAV down to the AHL on a conditioning stint, I'm not sure, that would be what i would do and give them some more time to think about it... I don't know.. they could always carry  3 goalies and send someone else down or make a trade elsewhere.. I don't know. 

Helle is too good to be sent down, That was just a little joke on my part cuz i'd love to see a top 3 pick and i think Helle being so good, it means they would get another 8 -12 pick instead of a top 3... i don't agree with tanking either but.... making moves that helps make you win less games without exactly tanking would be fine with me.

Maybe sign Ladd and if he's injured, shut him down for the rest of the year, same with Scheif maybe, maybe Send Helle down, (they can't tho, he's too good) 

You never know with Maurice though.  He seems more likely to play the hot goalie.  But he's shown a loyalty to veterans too.  If he subscribes to the idea you shouldnt lose your job due to injury then Pavs will get back in when he returns.  And in that case, Helle seems likely to be sent down.  Can they carry three goalies with one scratched?  The idea would be for Helle to play lots rather then be a back up here.

But I somewhat suspect Hutch might be moved for a late pick or used in part of a deal involving Ladd or Buff.  Clearly one of Hutch/Pavs is not coming back next year and knowing the Jets propensity to not do much, its smarter money to assume they keep Pavs/Helle and trade or release Hutch.  Especially if they have soured on Hutch.  They will keep Pavs.  Even at his salary, since they arent paying Helle much, they'd keep both just to have two capable goalies.  Pavs has done better when pushed by competition.

If they still like Hutch, then its more interesting because they know Comrie isnt ready so you need a back up for Helle next season.  If they like Hutch more than Pavs they know they can re-sign him to be a cheaper option and really save a ton of money on goaltending for a year or two.  But then they have to trade Pavs... I dont think its impossible to trade him.  29 teams out there...one of them might take him.

Or, they keep him for expansion bait.

His game could go into the chitter but I don't see it happening...

What do they do with Hutch/Pavs is the big question.

I'd see if there was interest in Hutch, if it isn't above a 4th liner, I would send him down. Keep Pavs for another year as insurance and let Comrie develop on the farm. When Pavs' contract expires, bring up Comrie to back up Helle and let Phillips take over on the farm?

I just would want to start the season next year with next to no NHL experience in the net.

Pavs is an expensive backup but been around enough and next year is the final year of his contract. Unless you can move him and sign someone like Brian Elliot for cheap for a year or so. I really like the goaltending depth the Jets have. LHD, not so much.