Special Teams

Floyd

So, on the Demski return... and we can blame it on a bad LH punt for sure (then again, there are no other options right now... hello Ricky Schmitt)

Here's the cover team

Jones, Shell, Briggs, Waggoner, Morgan, Sherman, Newman, Pontbriand, Rempel, Cronk...

Who do you think Pontbriand, Cronk and Rempel are going to chase down if the returner gets past the gunners?

Maybe its not Pat Tracey's fault after all...

Let me first state that I think Pat Tracy should be fired, because the ST unit has been subpar the whole season and parts of it were really bad last season too.

That punt return was on Lirim. Don't punt it down the middle of the field.

But look at the core of the cover team - Rempel (33), Pontbriand (32), Shell (33), Cronk (28)

Our gunners are Shell and Morgan - how does this make sense...  Jones, Sherman were our best guys last year - after Unamba, Sears, Randle, Wild...

It was a garbage punt but Pontbriand and Cronk missed their gaps.  

Let me first state that I think Pat Tracy should be fired, because the ST unit has been subpar the whole season and parts of it were really bad last season too.

But look at the core of the cover team - Rempel (33), Pontbriand (32), Shell (33), Cronk (28)

Our gunners are Shell and Morgan - how does this make sense... Jones, Sherman were our best guys last year - after Unamba, Sears, Randle, Wild...

morgan and jones are both very good but raw.. both have made a huge play in back to back games..

shell cronk and rempel are experience but shell is the only one worth his role imo. get wild here asap to dump rempel.. only good thing he has brought is snaps..

Our gunners are Shell and Morgan - how does this make sense... Jones, Sherman were our best guys last year - after Unamba, Sears, Randle, Wild...

morgan and jones are both very good but raw.. both have made a huge play in back to back games..

shell cronk and rempel are experience but shell is the only one worth his role imo. get wild here asap to dump rempel.. only good thing he has brought is snaps..

The real issue is why is our entire PR unit (except Shell) made up of Cdns...  we have good, fast imports that can do this - Simmons, Bass, Randle...

Personnel decisions are hurting this team

The real issue is why is our entire PR unit (except Shell) made up of Cdns... we have good, fast imports that can do this - Simmons, Bass, Randle...

logic would depict that when you almost have to rely on your defense for points and field position that you want to keep em fresh..

The real issue is why is our entire PR unit (except Shell) made up of Cdns...  we have good, fast imports that can do this - Simmons, Bass, Randle...

I actually disagree with both of you. The "core of the cover team" really isn't guys like Cronk, Pontbriand, and Rempel. They're in there for blocking, or in Cronk's case snapping.

I don't think the problem is Canadians either. Simmons played some special teams today anyways, and I think Randle did too. Why play Bass when he's such a good LB right now for us?

The real issue is why is our entire PR unit (except Shell) made up of Cdns... we have good, fast imports that can do this - Simmons, Bass, Randle...

logic would depict that when you almost have to rely on your defense for points and field position that you want to keep em fresh..

Except we have Stoudermire, Simmons who are both fast guys sitting instead of Cronk and Pontbriand

I actually disagree with both of you. The "core of the cover team" really isn't guys like Cronk, Pontbriand, and Rempel. They're in there for blocking, or in Cronk's case snapping.

I don't think the problem is Canadians either. Simmons played some special teams today anyways, and I think Randle did too. Why play Bass when he's such a good LB right now for us?

I'm talking about that play specifically, it was a shitty punt so our gunners were out of position... but then there's no backup...  watch the highlights - our guys are too slow to react.  Maybe its different if Simmons and Stoudermire are your depth ST or if Randle and Jones are the gunners

Just saying half of our ST cover team is old and slow.