50/50 Where does the money go

fan4life

To switch up from the football operations hate, what do you think of this?

The Bomber website and PA announcer always reference 50/50 draws in support of amateur football in Manitoba and specifically Football Manitoba.  By my calculations, they took in $826,070 last year so paid out $413,035 to the winners.   From their annual report, they gave $120,000 to the Winnipeg Rifles and $80,256 to Football MB.   Yes, it appears less than 10% of the take actually goes to the organization they say it is in support of.   Total donations are then $200,256 which leaves $212,779 unaccounted for.  I'm sure they have service fees but over $200k seems like a stretch.

Here's a link to the site that has all the draw information.

http://fifty.pointstreak.com/draws.html?searchterm=Winnipeg+Blue+Bombers&submit=SEARCH

This link seems to miss the Toronto season opener last year which was $64,505 if you look further for it.

As a season ticket holder and someone that has had kids in Football Manitoba programs for a number of years, this bothers me.

To switch up from the football operations hate, what do you think of this?

The Bomber website and PA announcer always reference 50/50 draws in support of amateur football in Manitoba and specifically Football Manitoba. By my calculations, they took in $826,070 last year so paid out $413,035 to the winners. From their annual report, they gave $120,000 to the Winnipeg Rifles and $80,256 to Football MB. Yes, it appears less than 10% of the take actually goes to the organization they say it is in support of. Total donations are then $200,256 which leaves $212,779 unaccounted for. I'm sure they have service fees but over $200k seems like a stretch.

Here's a link to the site that has all the draw information.

http://fifty.pointstreak.com/draws.html?searchterm=Winnipeg+Blue+Bombers&submit=SEARCH

This link seems to miss the Toronto season opener last year which was $64,505 if you look further for it.

As a season ticket holder and someone that has had kids in Football Manitoba programs for a number of years, this bothers me.

Send an email to the Bombers and they will reply. Or save it for next years fan forum.