Highway 59

part of the whole american economic stimulus program was road construction. Many many many roads. Government there puts in tons, it's staggering the amount actually, if the feds here actually contributed like 10 percent of what the american government puts in, our roads would be way nicer too. heck even 5 percent. 

The only stretch we are rebuilding properly is the highway out to the Emerson border. Dig down, replace EVERYTHING and do it right.

North Dakota and Minnesota do it right, why can't we. I hope this method of roadway rebuilding carries thru but I imagine we only went all out because it's a direct and crucial trade route..

Everywhere else will get the grater down 2 inches, slap on some horrible ashphalt that's not even road worthy and then in a year, do it again! Even the ashphalt on the number one after the provincial boundary puts our concrete to shame lol

Hate to be the spoiler but I just drove though North Dakota,  Minnesota, Ilinois and Michigan and they all have bad roads too. Not as many because you can see the money put in by the Federal government going back 50 years. The amount of money that must have been spent is stunning. It is all about priorities.

friends came here from California. Father and son, both commented on how great our highways are compared to theirs. 

a few years ago, drove along a highway that is the main road from Montana and Idaho, to Glacier National park. a very busy highway. It was by far, the worst most dangerous highway I have ever seen in my life, many places the road was literally crumbling away on the cliff side, making it one lane, parts of it covered with rock and gravel from mountains on the other side. Nobody working on it at all. it was unsafe to go faster than around 20 miles an hour. 

another highway in the same area, we were warned going into the USA at the border, lots of cattle on the highway. there were. talk about dangerous. Nobody cared enough to do anything about it.