Which vets do you think get cut next?

Brandon

I'm going to say next vets to get the boot will be Denmark, Suber , Palardy, and probably someone else in the secondary....

Anyone making any bets on who gets axed next?

I think they'll also bring in some retreads... maybe Romby Bryant, Lobendahn or even Jyles :D  

Brandon Stewart has been brutal all year, I don't care if he got an interception today.  He should be gone.  Easiest spot in the secondary to ease a new guy into anyway.

Boatman is terrible.  Is Douglas healthy?  If he is, Boatman should be gone.

Our Canadians simply aren't good enough.  Can we get Pencer in at right tackle?  How much worse than Boatman could he be?  Then we could get Aaron Woods involved on offence or put Bo Smith at safety.

Why aren't we using Anthony Woodson?  Let him get some reps at RB in order to put another import receiver in.  We barely run the ball anyway so what could it hurt?  He has potential coming out of the backfield at the very least.

It's time to bring in a new receiver.  Let Wallace Miles get a shot or bring in an NFL cut asap.

Unfortunately none of these changes will do jack **** until we get a capable quarterback.

I don't think we should cut Denmark ,  just feels like he's a good scapegoat....    

I'd be shocked if Boatmen still is on the team after NFL cuts...

No way Buck is getting cut... *UNLESS* they bring in Jyles purely for the irony  and/or they make a trade for Tate.....   I definitely do think Tate is probably the only CFL vet they could acquire via trade.

I haven't watched todays game yet, but Jovon Johnson seems to have played abit better lately.

Buck, Suber, Stewart, Denmark and Boatman would be my release candidates, while I would like to have someone splitting reps with Cauchy Muamba(I don't want him benched, suffering through with Cauchy is worth getting Henoc back IMO).

Canadian content not very good. But you can't cut Canadians so fore a quick fix has to be Americans. I'd say the entire secondary & Boatman. Like to see Buck gone once & for all but an all rookie type qb triumvirate??? Won't happen. Buck's here until the end of the season.

It's disappointing that guys like Isaac Anderson and Doug Pierce didn't step up and steal the jobs away....    but fortunately receivers are dime a dozen and we need some guys who can give a full effort and make the catches.... Edwards has shown life in the last few games it would be nice if others did the same

According to cfldb.com, contracts are guaranteed after the ninth game for 6-year veterans, after the tenth game for 5-year veterans, and after the eleventh game for 4-year veterans.

One of the weird things about being such a young team is that this doesn't matter so much for us.  We have a lot more freedom to cut players in the back half of the year.

Buck's salary is guaranteed after next week's game, and since he's injured now and can't be cut, I suspect that he's going to be with us for the rest of the year.  They're paying him, they might as well keep him around for when Goltz / Jyles / Boltus / whomever else gets smoked.

Stewart, Morley, and Johnson all have 7+ years so they the Bombers have to make decisions with those guys this week. Suber is a four-year guy so the latest they can cut him is the week after the Banjo Bowl.

Boatman, Denmark, and Palardy are only three-year players so the guaranteed contract date won't force the Bombers' hand on them.