remembering the Jets 2014-2015 season

iHeart

so the NHL season ended yesterday (and hopefully the NBA season will be finished tonight, as much as I would love to see Lebron win the championship with the cavs, if the warriors win  then maybe TSN will show this fridays bomber game)

and there is no denying that the jets had the best season they had since relocating from Atlanta. but what would we remember most from this season? 

the rise of Hutchinson? the Boulton curse being lifted?  Perreault's 4 goal game? How Pavelec got his groove back? the track suit incident that got Kane sent to the Sabres?

Teemu's retirement ceremony?

The anthem that the fans did after what happened in Ottawa?

hopefully next season will be more memorable or just as memorable as this season, maybe the jets will get farther in the playoffs, and we won't have to face the ducks, I'd rather the jets face the coyotes in the next playoffs, if they find a place to play. (man i wish the NHL would put out logo emoji's then I could put the jets logo here

Aside from the obvious ones already mentioned I had a special one on a personal note.

Went to my first road game last season. Bus trip down for a game in Minnesota. Two busloads of Winnipeg fans headed out first thing in the morning on Boxing Day.  Great atmosphere at Xcel, massive contingent of Jets fans in the building. Dueling Let's Go Wild-Go Jets Go chants all night. Was a sweet back and fourth game too. Wheeler's short handed goal in the 3rd period to (briefly) take the lead happened right in front of us. There was even a loud "Thorburn" chant after a fight.

Most importantly of course, the Jets won in overtime on Ladd's weird goal off the glass behind the net, off the goalie's back and in.  I high five'd a shitload of people in Jets jerseys that night. :lol:

Here's a shot from my seat that fine evening.

jetswild_zps6fe30cc1.jpg