NHL 15 HELP

So I finally finished the main story in GTA V so I went out and bought NHL 15 for Xbox One.

Aside from the fact that it seems this game sucks for everything from game play to the user interface, Im having a few problems.

- How do I make sure it updates to the latest roster?  I was certain there was a recent update (and several since launch).  When I inserted the disc it did a lengthy update and checking online I went to Custom, Roster and then click on Create roster from active (or something like that) and yet it doesnt create an updated roster (ie. no Galiardi, Harrison, Budaj etc.  Lowry was in St Johns with a lousy rating though I dont know if this was fixed in an update.  HELP!

- When trying to edit lines, I wanted to insert Postma or Chiarot into the last D pairing and it was doing something weird.  When selecting a scratched player (after dressing him) it kept force scratching someone else even though I didnt have extra skaters.  For example, I inserted Stuart on the second pairing and then trying to insert, say, Postma into last pairings it says "substituting this player....yadda yadda" and Stuart would be scratched from the entire game and Postma would be playing on two pairings.  That drove me mad for about half an hour before I gave up.

Any help??? Or experiences?

To update to the latest roster, try opening up the online play menu, such as playing with a friend or having a match made for you. This should download both the latest tuner settings and rosters.

The edit lines section is not very intuitive I'll give you that, but I don't know why you're experiencing the problems you're describing. Press I think L3 (on PS3) to let the coach choose the best lines for you, then tinker. Should be as easy as going to, say, top line RW, pressing X (or A for you XBoxers), then being presented with a list of players to choose from; whoever you choose takes that spot on the line, but doesn't necessarily trade spots on the roster with the guy he's replacing. Sorry, I'm describing by memory and I don't recall it being all that difficult, but maybe there are quirks I haven't run into yet.

I upgraded from 13 to 15. Wow, I love 15 , best NHL game so far in my opinion. The skating is so much smoother, the shooters accuracy has gone way up, and the hits... so much more jarring than they've ever been. Collisions can be epic.

Granted I was doing all this at about 1 am this morning.  Ill try that roster update idea.  I usually try not to be negative when they make changes because I generally find its not that I dislike it, its that Im not used to it.  But Im not sure I even find the graphics much of an improvement over last generation.

So far I do like the competitiveness.  I played two games in GM mode as the Jets and lost both in OT.

I miss the more simple menus though.  No need to make giant graphics.  The list style was perfectly fine.

Commentary is an issue.  Like I said, played two games and have heard everything said multiple times, sometimes the same line used repeatedly in the same game.  The "TV presentation" is cool though.  I also dont think I love Emrick.  He's not offensive but seems to be reading a script (which he was Im sure) and isnt very "in the game" emotionally.

TUP, I don't know if you're seeing the same problem I was with editing lines, but things get really hairy when you have a guy playing on two lines.  I moved Byfuglien to defence before taking him off forward and then it became IMPOSSIBLE to remove him from the forward line without removing him from the lineup altogether.  It was so frustrating.  I actually had to exit out of GM mode and come back in and start over with editing my lines.

You can manually update to the latest roster in one of the menus but I can't remember which.  I'd have to look when I'm at home.

TUP, I don't know if you're seeing the same problem I was with editing lines, but things get really hairy when you have a guy playing on two lines.  I moved Byfuglien to defence before taking him off forward and then it became IMPOSSIBLE to remove him from the forward line without removing him from the lineup altogether.  It was so frustrating.  I actually had to exit out of GM mode and come back in and start over with editing my lines.

You can manually update to the latest roster in one of the menus but I can't remember which.  I'd have to look when I'm at home.

That sounds similar to what Im experiencing.  Somehow it ended up with Stuart as 2LD and 3RD.  So when I replaced him as 3RD with Postma, it gave me a warning about substituting and voila, Postma was now 2LD and 3RD and Stuart was scratched.  Ill have to start over anyway as I want the updated roster so Ill play around with it.  Not that the missing guys are overly important but it means no changes for other teams either.  Plus, I sort of need Halischuk.

Earlier I said the competitive was good (as opposed to NHL 14 where the biggest challenge was whether I could have a perfect season - I couldnt).  Two loses in OT in 15 but the shots are generally 20-something for me and maybe 12 for the opposition.  We'll see what happens as the season progresses.  Before starting GM I played the Cup final game it prompts you to play.  I was LA and the Rangers scored three times in two minutes so I assume better teams have a noticeable skill increase.

To update to the latest roster, try opening up the online play menu, such as playing with a friend or having a match made for you. This should download both the latest tuner settings and rosters.

The edit lines section is not very intuitive I'll give you that, but I don't know why you're experiencing the problems you're describing. Press I think L3 (on PS3) to let the coach choose the best lines for you, then tinker. Should be as easy as going to, say, top line RW, pressing X (or A for you XBoxers), then being presented with a list of players to choose from; whoever you choose takes that spot on the line, but doesn't necessarily trade spots on the roster with the guy he's replacing. Sorry, I'm describing by memory and I don't recall it being all that difficult, but maybe there are quirks I haven't run into yet.

I upgraded from 13 to 15. Wow, I love 15 , best NHL game so far in my opinion. The skating is so much smoother, the shooters accuracy has gone way up, and the hits... so much more jarring than they've ever been. Collisions can be epic.

Thank you.  This helped me figure it out and I was able to download the updates and roster.  Ran off a 5-0 record as the Jets to start the season even though Hutch seemingly sucks in this game.

Thank you.  This helped me figure it out and I was able to download the updates and roster.  Ran off a 5-0 record as the Jets to start the season even though Hutch seemingly sucks in this game.

Seems to me the quality of goalies in NHL 15 is entirely based off size.  The biggest goalies are the best ones.