Senators Fire Paul MacLean

Rich

Hmm.  Not sure coaching is the place I would have started with that team.  I know it's a what have you done for me lately business, but I thought Maclean's coaching had more to do with any of their success than the roster.

And now what is that super-funny Maclean lookalike who sits behind the bench going to do?  Shave?

Whoa, what??? The coach who won the Jack Adams trophy last year, fired. They're not even doing that bad. Talk about an impulsive decision.

Breaking: @Senators announce they have fired Head Coach Paul MacLean

— TSN 1290 Winnipeg (@TSN1290Radio)

December 8, 2014

Wasn't really expecting this.
And let the games begin. I wonder what Oiler fans are thinking . . .

Yup, lots should be boiling over at the OMB right now. Now is the time to fire Eakins. We got lots of choice now between MacLean, Bylsma, Nelson, etc.

Whoa, what??? The coach who won the Jack Adams trophy last year, fired. They're not even doing that bad. Talk about an impulsive decision.

Breaking: @Senators announce they have fired Head Coach Paul MacLean

— TSN 1290 Winnipeg (@TSN1290Radio)

December 8, 2014

Wasn't really expecting this.

And let the games begin. I wonder what Oiler fans are thinking . . .

Yup, lots should be boiling over at the OMB right now. Now is the time to fire Eakins. We got lots of choice now between MacLean, Bylsma, Nelson, etc.

The Oilers are doomed as long as Kevin Lowe is there.  Spends years building a franchise with holes up and down the roster, says "my work is done here", and gives himself a promotion.

As a Jets fan, I think they should add 20 years to his contract.  And allow him to provide consultation services to other teams in the Western conference.

Wtf. Knee jerk reaction, i thought macleean was doing alright other then the team underachieving..

The management is just worried about the massive 3 person online backlash that's waiting when it's the day after the season ends and they haven't fired him yet.  They are just getting a jump on things to avoid that.    ;) 

Wtf. Knee jerk reaction, i thought macleean was doing alright other then the team underachieving..

The management is just worried about the massive 3 person online backlash that's waiting when it's the day after the season ends and they haven't fired him yet. They are just getting a jump on things to avoid that. ;)

I just dont understand why the sens are such a coaching graveyard... Its gonna get tough for them soon to land the great coaches because they are going to worry about job security..