Beasts and Bums

Guest J5V

I didn't see Hall hitting a lot of windows.  He hit one nicely on a slant to Matthews.  His release isn't particularly quick, and his feet don't stop moving (which might explain the flutter in his throws).  Most of his completions were lobs to guys wide-open, or great catches by Edwards, he didn't throw anyone open.  He made a nice pass to Edwards down the seam, but any QB with pro potential can make that throw.  It was nice to see the ball go downfield a bit more, but I feel like Hall is going to have problems the more he plays because he puts the ball up for grabs all the way down the field. 

That's flat out wrong.  The toss to Kohlert (for the TD) is a perfect example of him anticipating where the receiver would be. 

Sorry, Hall isn't the guy. He may get another start or two, but it's not going to take long for him to become an interception machine.  His throws are weak and often off target, and he made some piss-poor decisions (yes he made some good ones as well). Not a fan.  

Unfortunately we don't have a qb worth starting at this point. Goltz wins by default I guess, simply because I don't want to see Buck killed on the field.

I have to agree, although he was very accurate on the short routes, his intermediate passes took forever to reach their target and he didn't even attempt a few bombs. Just another weak arm to add to the long list before him.

If you want to develop a QB, be sure the guy has the physical skills first, as those can't be taught.

That's flat out wrong.  The toss to Kohlert (for the TD) is a perfect example of him anticipating where the receiver would be. 

Yes, he hit guys that were open, that's not throwing guys open.  Kohlert finished his route and caught the pass all by himself in the endzone with a corner breaking off his zone to try to defend, I'm talking about hitting guys on slants, digs, outs and back shoulder fades on the sideline while they are being defended, basically how Matthews got his 1000 yards last season.

There were a couple brutal throws to Etienne where he ran a perfect dig in man coverage and if Hall puts it anywhere within 3 yards of Etienne's path it's an easy completion in coverage, but he put the ball behind Etienne right to the DB.  Hall will throw a lot of picks.

Bang on as usual JBR, Hammy is known for NOT picking off the ball.  Now they are confident and will be looking for the pick next week and breaking hard on the ball/ducks.

I expect Hall to make it to the half then we see Buck who will finish the game.  Then get eaten in Regina.  Lasting about 15 mins.

Then back to Goltz after you try and steal his Mojo????  Crazy.