Grey Cup discount for Bomber season ticket holders?

gbill2004

Sounds like a great deal. Smart of the organization to gain some long-term commitments, just in case the team tanks again next year. This would mitigate any losses in season ticket sales for the following 2016 season

Kind of concerns me that their trying to insure themselves against this. Just commit to improving the team and there would be no need to do this.

How about committing to improve on the field performance and ensuring the financials? I'll take both.

I sense a good percentage of STH's are eternally loyal and would make the commitment as long as there wasn't a severe penalty attached if they couldn't fulfill the commitment.   If 10,000 people took the Bombers up on this deal, it would cost $1,000,000.   I wonder if this was one of the differences in opinion that led to Jim Bell's departure.  As a fan I like it.  If I was the CFO, not so sure.

I sense a good percentage of STH's are eternally loyal and would make the commitment as long as there wasn't a severe penalty attached if they couldn't fulfill the commitment. If 10,000 people took the Bombers up on this deal, it would cost $1,000,000. I wonder if this was one of the differences in opinion that led to Jim Bell's departure. As a fan I like it. If I was the CFO, not so sure.

We'll have to wait for Grey Cup ticket prices to be released but I wonder if they'll be artificially inflated...say by $100 per ticket??

The cheapest tickets for the past 3 years have been around $180 a ticket

So if the discount isn't pro-rated, but a straight C note discount, equalling roughly 100 bucks per ducat for the corner 200's sections are a super great deal. AND dibs for the winter classic in 2016, sounds like an excellent fan multi-sport package.

Anyone ever sit in loge seating? How is the experience?

I enquired and it worked out to something under 200 per seat for a regular season game, with a commitment for 10-12 seats. I suspect the total seat commitment can be negotiable, but our group didn't take the plunge.

I sense a good percentage of STH's are eternally loyal and would make the commitment as long as there wasn't a severe penalty attached if they couldn't fulfill the commitment. If 10,000 people took the Bombers up on this deal, it would cost $1,000,000. I wonder if this was one of the differences in opinion that led to Jim Bell's departure. As a fan I like it. If I was the CFO, not so sure.

We'll have to wait for Grey Cup ticket prices to be released but I wonder if they'll be artificially inflated...say by $100 per ticket??

The Grey Cup tickets don't need to be inflated.  The team can inflate the 2016 or 2017 season ticket prices to make up the $100 lost.

The Grey Cup tickets don't need to be inflated. The team can inflate the 2016 or 2017 season ticket prices to make up the $100 lost.
Good point. That's likely how they'll make up the $100. Hopefully they do what the Jets do and commit to only raising season ticket prices a maximum of ~3% per year.

My concern is at one point the Club had a ten year promotion called The Presidents Club. It was an attempt to get a cash influx when their were financial problems at the Club. It only resulted in cash upfront that was then spent resulting in even leaner times in the subsequent years when the money was gone. I hope this isn't a similar venture.

From the Bomber website

Season Ticket Member Benefits

2015 Blue Bomber Season Members: 

• Save up to 35% off individual game ticket prices;
  • Avoid paying all premium game fees ($8.00 per ticket)and per-ticket service fees that are applied to individual game tickets (up to $7.50 per ticket).
  • Pre-sale access to additional individual home games (including the Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Banjo Bowl);
  • Get first access to 2015 Grey Cup game tickets for your Season Ticket seats.
  • Get a $100 discount on your Grey Cup ticket when you confirm your Season Ticket Membership for the 2015, 2016 & 2017 seasons.
  • Receive 15% off merchandise at the Bomber Store.