Odds and Sods - Winnipeg Expansion Team vs Ottawa RedBlacks

do or die

That gamble was a terrible call - field goal gets us within one, a rouge gets us within field goal

Yeah but thats ignoring the wind and the fact that after the game O'shea said that in warmups lirims range in to the wind was at the 40, we were at the 40 roughly, wouldn't have been a 40 yarder, would have been a 45-48 yarder really, not sure that field goal is made, to be honest, not sure it even makes it to the endzone, I don't like the idea of saying yeah but a fg, well, what if they go for the fg, miss and ottawa runs it back for a td, that's just as likely in that situation. And regardless, the D still needs to make a stop, make some tackles, something they couldn't do last night. That play in the big picture was irrelevant, lose by 22, not 7 or less 

That play was huge.  Kuale had already shifted the momentum with his RTP penalty, this sealed the deal.

Maher kicked a 70 yard single into that same wind...

Another pointless gamble like the short kick last game...  just a rookie mistake but still it stings.

Our D collapsing like a cheap paper bag, certainly made that call look worse......

Well, that's the thing right there.

You're faced with 3rd and 5, after a potentially game changing TD drop by Grisby on the previous play, and the FG would be 46 yds. into the wind, so you figure, give it a shot and hold them if it doesn't work.

Most teams trust their D in tough situations, and this D has come through many times before to get stops.

But not this time.

We throw a bomb on 3rd and 5.....turnover

I noticed no Good/Bad separation here. Not surprised.

Total brain cramp by MOS on the 3rd and 5. He said in the post game interview he didn't think Lirim could kick a FG into the wind like that. Okay seems like a decent answer only one thing missing - we have a punter, his name his Lirim.

I've seen a lot of games in my lifetime and I would not put the wind in this one in the top 100. Was it that bad he could not punt the ball? Maybe a handfull of games have punters been told to not punt due to wind.

I drove 7 hours to Ottawa that night and it wasn't that windy in the stadium