Sirius Radio?

I do a lot of road tripping in the summers, so a few years back I got Sirius radio so I could listen to CFL no matter where I was. Can't find it this year and any current info is difficult to find on their website. Anyone know if they are no longer carrying CFL games?

Excellent question, I was looking for it yesterday as well and couldn't find it. Figured looking on my phone while driving wasn't a good idea. Luckily I was in Alberta and could get the games on the AM stations but The only damned reason I kept the Sirius subscription was for CFL games. 

Excellent question, I was looking for it yesterday as well and couldn't find it. Figured looking on my phone while driving wasn't a good idea. Luckily I was in Alberta and could get the games on the AM stations but The only damned reason I kept the Sirius subscription was for CFL games.

Same here. Not sure I'd keep it if not. I'll try looking in the French stations and see if I can find it. Thx Zontar!

I dropped my Sirius subscription this year.  

My reasoning was:

1. I couldn't justify the cost.  2. I live in civilization again (more than 1 regional FM radio station).

2. Nickel and Diming... $18 per month, $4 for streaming on web, $$$ extra for stations, $$$ gov't music artist tax, etc...

3. The audio quality is still the same as it was when I signed up in 2005.  Their hardware needs an upgrade.

4. In the past couple of years, they've made it difficult to find the CFL games.  Channels changed all the time, titles didn't match the coverage, etc.  As an alternative, one can stream CJOB through the iPhone app if you can't pick up CJOB or one of their stations.

As an alternative, one can stream CJOB through the iPhone app if you can't pick up CJOB or one of their stations.

That's all well and good for people with unlimited data plans, but some of us live in provinces where they rape you for using data. 

The problem I have with the satellite radio is really 2 things: firstly their channels are too focussed. I want a nice broad spectrum of stuff but I can't get it on one channel. Secondly, they play the same songs over and over again, I've listened to the same stuff for the last 3 years on the channels I generally listen to. 

I'd rather put up with the local douchebags because at least then I get the variety of stuff I want. 

The problem I have with the satellite radio is really 2 things: firstly their channels are too focussed. I want a nice broad spectrum of stuff but I can't get it on one channel. Secondly, they play the same songs over and over again, I've listened to the same stuff for the last 3 years on the channels I generally listen to. 

I'd rather put up with the local douchebags because at least then I get the variety of stuff I want. 

Yeah so true - the argument on how the 'free' stations keep playing the same stuff, so does satellite. I never got that one. Now, the difference is, because it's 'genre' related, they play songs you don't hear on regular 'free' radio, but they keep playing those same songs. When I had it, it seemed to be a two week thing, and then every two weeks they'd switch it up, but it seemed to run in 6 - 8 week cycles too. So after a few months (I was on the road a lot) well, that's why I have an iPOD now with over 2000 songs. At least it's all stuff that 'I' like lol, and no DJ's, no commercials, and no 'bad' reception ever :)

As an alternative, one can stream CJOB through the iPhone app if you can't pick up CJOB or one of their stations.

That's all well and good for people with unlimited data plans, but some of us live in provinces where they rape you for using data. 

As compared to 0.8% to 7.4% more income tax, an additional 8% PST on everything you buy and nearly double property tax?  I think I'd rather pay for data.  At least it's a choice whether you use it or not.

If you have unlimited minutes and long distance, give me a call and I'll put my phone near the radio.

Still couldn't find the games this weekend. Called Sirius and they said they weren't able to work out a new agreement with the CFL before the season started. Their intention is to carry the games, and they are close to an agreement I'm told, but until it's reached there won't be any CFL games on Sirius. Just for those who are wondering....

Still couldn't find the games this weekend. Called Sirius and they said they weren't able to work out a new agreement with the CFL before the season started. Their intention is to carry the games, and they are close to an agreement I'm told, but until it's reached there won't be any CFL games on Sirius. Just for those who are wondering....

If you have internet access then just listen online instead.

I mean... radio streams are 56-112 mb of data per game... even the crappy AB plans are enough to handle that a couple times per month