Update on arson at old stadium

Who knows, you smartened up. Not everybody does. I still say you do the crime, you should do the time. 

Nah, I"m a liberal. Everyone makes mistakes. Of course, the crime has to be realistic. I mean, to me, taking a gun and shooting someone is not a 'mistake' but an arson can be seen as a misdemeanor if the perpetrator is remorseful, a first time offender, and in this case a person who has some mental challenges to begin with. I really don't believe, given the very very limited information I have, that jail time would serve this kid well. I'm sure the Judge would have acted appropriately if he thought it was warranted.

Now, if that poor kid went and did something that screwed with that Judges investments - I'm sure he'd be doing hard time in Stonewall for at least 5 years.  

As a Conservative even I am amazed at how many people have little compassion or understanding of certain circumstances. If the kid had Down syndrome would anyone be advocating prison?

I've said it before, FASD needs a massive investment for prevention education and the trickle down effect will be felt for generations.

As a Conservative even I am amazed at how many people have little compassion or understanding of certain circumstances. If the kid had Down syndrome would anyone be advocating prison?

I've said it before, FASD needs a massive investment for prevention education and the trickle down effect will be felt for generations.

So much this.  People just don't realize that even one drink at the wrong time can be damaging, especially in the early stages of pregnancy.