Evander Kane Being Sued by BC Man for Alleged Assault

Atomic

The problem with Kane's story is motivation.  Why would a guy he knew as an employee of a bar he frequents, suddenly and without provacation physically confront him after hours?  If the victim started it, then something else happened inside the bar earlier.  Im not saying Kane is at fault but there is something missing from this story.

Sometimes people just want to take a swing at an athlete. Hell I remember hearing stories in Brandon about people trying to take a swing at the tough guys on the Wheat Kings just to try and prove a point. Kane has a reputation as a tough hockey player, maybe this guy figured he either gets to brag about how he took a swing at Kane and Kane pussed out, or he gets his ass kicked and he sues this prick of a hockey player for assault. 

Yes thats possible but thats actually pretty rare.  Plus, this guy was identified as an employee.  The fact they knew each other to at least a minor extent raises the suspicion level in my mind.  I dont get the "ring of truth" from Kane's story. 

But, the cops who investigated the matter were satisfied.  End of story, no?

Man, not gonna say names but a couple of my friends are cops k and the stories i could tell you about pro athletes being given the benefit of the doubt, even when its even apparent to the cop that they are guilty as sin...  would shock you. I'l tell you this much, a couple friends let a couple pro athletes off the hook in 2011, (lots of jet players were real dicks that year). why did they let them go? cuz they gave them free tix or signed some stuff for them. This happens more often than anyone thinks too. Here, i'll just tell this one, involved my self and a few friends several years ago... we were  getting high b4 going to see a movie at cinema city 8.. oh yeah the cheap theatre, the one friend was being a real ****.. we were sitting in the car, he was just going crazy for some reason, honking the horn, yelling out stuff to security at the mall.. "what you gonna do man, call the cops". The guy did call the cops, cops showed up... took a look at my ID, not saying im well known but the last name certainly is amongst police, my uncle is/was a cop.. cop looks at id and goes, oh do you know "insert uncles name here", i said yeah man, thats my uncle. They are like ok have a good night and left. Not saying that it's the same, it just gives you some idea that it's not always about what you do but who you know. 

Getting high while driving a car, yelling at mall cops & your buddy honking the horn like a nutbar. Then the cops letting you guys off. Nice story. Question, you've claimed in the past that being high on weed doesn't impair  your judgement or ability to drive like alcohol does. So, explain your friend's erratic behaviour then? Sounds like he'd have been a maniac behind the wheel & could have killed someone. Guys like you are a danger to everyone.

Delete - i'm not gonna debate the pro's and cons of smoking weed in a parking lot b4 going to see a movie. There is obviously quite a bit of a generational gap here.

The problem with Kane's story is motivation.  Why would a guy he knew as an employee of a bar he frequents, suddenly and without provacation physically confront him after hours?  If the victim started it, then something else happened inside the bar earlier.  Im not saying Kane is at fault but there is something missing from this story.

Sometimes people just want to take a swing at an athlete. Hell I remember hearing stories in Brandon about people trying to take a swing at the tough guys on the Wheat Kings just to try and prove a point. Kane has a reputation as a tough hockey player, maybe this guy figured he either gets to brag about how he took a swing at Kane and Kane pussed out, or he gets his ass kicked and he sues this prick of a hockey player for assault. 

Yes thats possible but thats actually pretty rare.  Plus, this guy was identified as an employee.  The fact they knew each other to at least a minor extent raises the suspicion level in my mind.  I dont get the "ring of truth" from Kane's story. 

But, the cops who investigated the matter were satisfied.  End of story, no?

Man, not gonna say names but a couple of my friends are cops k and the stories i could tell you about pro athletes being given the benefit of the doubt, even when its even apparent to the cop that they are guilty as sin...  would shock you. I'l tell you this much, a couple friends let a couple pro athletes off the hook in 2011, (lots of jet players were real dicks that year). why did they let them go? cuz they gave them free tix or signed some stuff for them. This happens more often than anyone thinks too. Here, i'll just tell this one, involved my self and a few friends several years ago... we were  getting high b4 going to see a movie at cinema city 8.. oh yeah the cheap theatre, the one friend was being a real ****.. we were sitting in the car, he was just going crazy for some reason, honking the horn, yelling out stuff to security at the mall.. "what you gonna do man, call the cops". The guy did call the cops, cops showed up... took a look at my ID, not saying im well known but the last name certainly is amongst police, my uncle is/was a cop.. cop looks at id and goes, oh do you know "insert uncles name here", i said yeah man, thats my uncle. They are like ok have a good night and left. Not saying that it's the same, it just gives you some idea that it's not always about what you do but who you know. 

Getting high while driving a car, yelling at mall cops & your buddy honking the horn like a nutbar. Then the cops letting you guys off. Nice story. Question, you've claimed in the past that being high on weed doesn't impair  your judgement or ability to drive like alcohol does. So, explain your friend's erratic behaviour then? Sounds like he'd have been a maniac behind the wheel & could have killed someone. Guys like you are a danger to everyone.

Delete - i'm not gonna debate the pro's and cons of smoking weed in a parking lot b4 going to see a movie. There is obviously quite a bit of a generational gap here.

It's not generational. Crap, there was just as much, if not  more weed in my high school & in university as there is  today. I'm just sayin' getting high while driving a car is totally irresponsible especially when the driver is acting like you describe. Besides, you chose to bring it up. 

Kane really attracts trouble wherever he goes. The guy needs to grow up.

He does. But he's a pretty young guy so don't kid yourself that young people do stupid things at times, cuz we all do.

however, most of us aren't pro athletes and most of us aren't in the limelight constantly.. if this was you me or the next guy on here.. big woop right, probably not even get paper mention but since it's kane, yup.. there you go.

I do agree he needs to grow up. 

I never would have guessed you smoke pot...

Kane really attracts trouble wherever he goes. The guy needs to grow up.

He does. But he's a pretty young guy so don't kid yourself that young people do stupid things at times, cuz we all do.

however, most of us aren't pro athletes and most of us aren't in the limelight constantly.. if this was you me or the next guy on here.. big woop right, probably not even get paper mention but since it's kane, yup.. there you go.

I do agree he needs to grow up. 

Plenty of other players in the NHL are young and have millions of dollars and they don't attract this much negative attention.  

It would be very beneficial for him to grow up and just stop causing trouble....

I never would have guessed you smoke pot...

Delete - honestly, you aren't even worth a response. All i will say is... Kane isn't the only one who needs to grow up.